Round 1 - Essendon v Hawthorn

Space opened all up over the field for both sides. Unfortunately they took better advantage of it. It is disappointing Zahakaris seems to pull out at the contest.

No ruck is stuffing up Essendon structures. Daniher should be forward, not interchanging in the ruck.

A mate watching on TV reckons Essendon don’t have anything left in the tank. Shame

Hoping Hooker can clunk a few. Knows how to get into dangerous positions.

1 half and hooksey is a terrible forward…give me a break. Looks ■■■■■■ good for a bloke who hasnt played there and had a year off

2 Likes

smack doing well

Damn near poor my foot through the chair in front of me when he got that. Pathetic decision

Hawks have 2 kicks from a kick in and they are in the middle of the ground, we have 6 and are still only 15m out from goal so go for the miracle kick that hardly ever comes off

1 Like

Does anyone else feel weird watching this game?
can’t put my finger on the reason

Hooksey has kicked 2 goals FFS!!

2 Likes

There is zero pressure on their kick outs, driving me nuts. We are just giving them the first two kicks and not even trying to cover

We are in this at half time against the hawks! Loving it

Better turn it around tonight coz Brisbane are going to smash us

It’s the reality setting in, no excuses soon.

Faaarrrkkk sweating like a blind lesbian in fish shop down here. ■■■■ me dead.

Hooker failed?He’s kicked almost half our score.

Total fkg lala

1 Like

We lost our structure a bit which reduced our forward pressure and also our rebound options. Need to find a way to compete at the stoppage without throwing too many numbers at it.

We have the pace but maybe not yet the legs.

Zerrett is a freak. Covers so much ground. Would like to see him hit the scoreboard a bit.

I don’t think we’re out of it.

2 Likes

Yes and, from my view sitting opposite the centre it’s so obvious what will happen at every kick in at both ends

Hooker’s got that heat-of-the-last-line-of-defense mongrel in him with the second efforts. I like that.

1 Like

Agreed. But we need to stop handing them easy goals.

We also all owe Bags and apology (myself included).

2 Likes