Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

Mate do you not understand what im saying?

For one he’s miles ahead of langford as a midfielder (i know you’ll say otherwise because of your love affair with langers) but its because langford can play other positions that he gets a nod.

But thats not even what I posted, I said we have messed up his development, no other club drafts a midfielder top 5 then sits him on a forward flank for the likes of myers to play ahead of him. It just doesnt happen.
Little things like this are why we havnt had success in 15 years.

5 Likes

Parish in good form i would have him in instead of Myers. He offers more around the ground imo when the ball is in transition

1 Like

Haha, i know right? The peanuts are out early tonight. I think it’s time for me to log off before i get sucked in to silly arguments.

2 Likes

Darcy Parish not playing

“I’m not shocked to be sitting here”

1 Like

So of all those players you would only have him in front of Myers?

That’s the issue right there.

He’s not good enough to play mid and he hasn’t added anything to his outside game.

I agree with the Myers call though. We should have been playing youth in front of him.

If a club offered a top 10 pick for Parish i would take it and run.

1 Like

He fluffed his lines against Carlton.

Nobody would mate.

1 Like

What’s he worth you reckon?

I’m not a huge fan of Myers so I won’t argue with that.

I think Parish is far behind the rest though and I think he has stagnated.

He’s going to get lots of possessions at VFL level but if he’s to get back in the side he’s going to have to do more than that.

1 Like

Be lucky to get a pick in the 20’s

1 Like

Why the need to trade a player simply as outside best 22 presently? You need a strong squad of 30 AFL capable players.

If one of our mids gets injured (it’s inevitable given how brutal the game is) he plays.

4 Likes

I think we’re just gonna see some blokes left out some weeks. It’s a long tough season and we’re developing a good squad. Parish will play plenty and will keep progressing.

Edit: Speedy just beat me to it.

5 Likes

Replace him with a big body mid weather it’s via a trade or the draft.

Not sure. I haven’t really thought about it. Early second? He was great at the end of last year though so i think the club will persist for a while. He’s still really young. I think somebody pointed out the other day that on stats, he’s tracking as well as Sloane was at this stage of his career. Some players take a while to have their breakout. I’ve never been a Parish fan though.

If he still looks like a peripheral player at the end of the year he will probably look around.

Being from Geelong area and the demographic of their list that would be my pick.

It’s going to be interesting to see how parish performs in the vfl. If he is the player we want him to be he has to go back and rack up 35 touches 10 clearances 10 tackles and a couple of goals.

The silver lining here is that it’s actually not the worst thing for him to get some serious game time with Draper under his belt.

The flip side is he’ll come back in and disappear on the forward flank again.

I’d add he was on a hiding to nothing playing in the guts roving to zlarke. He doesn’t have the stature to impose himself physically on a contest so I suspect he will look a lot better at the feet of a gifted tap ruckman.

1 Like

Youth over old dogs? Thats not the message I want to be sending the young kids. No easy games here lad. You want Myer’s spot? Show us you can offer more. Right now he doesn’t and we are not a Carlton who play youth at all costs.

5 Likes

Bookmark this post so you can quote it at about 6:30 Sunday evening in the match review thread.

You wont need to say another word.

Sounds easy enough haha.