Round 1 v Swans - Anyone going up to Sydney?

I know it’s still a fair way off, but we are kicking off the season in Sydney against the Swans at ANZ. I’ve got plenty of leave to burn so am seriously considering going up for the game. How many others will be making the trip? How easy is it to get to the stadium from the city?

Let us know, maybe we can get a bit of a BBlitz get-together pre and post match!

Contemplating it, would be my first interstate game and would definitely be up for a first blitz ■■■■ up as well.

Wish they played it at the SCG though

Yeah I was hoping it was the SCG too. Looks like it’s about a 30 min train ride from the city centre but I’m sure those that have done the trip before will be able to tell us how easy or difficult their PT system is.

yep! doing the road trip thing. We’ll be staying in North Ryde and driving to the game. Totally up for a Blitz fest!

Is this the Easter weekend?

A reply to: @rossoneri regarding QuoteLink

Is this the Easter weekend?

Yep Easter Saturday

I’m doing hit-and-run flights that day.

P.S. Fark Sydney.

I’m going. Meeting my brother there who is a Swans supporter. Fark I hope we smash them.

Hopefully.

Maybe

A reply to: @Jefferson regarding QuoteLink

Maybe

HAMS will be disappointed you let him down in his comeback game.

A reply to: @David J Richardson regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Jefferson regarding QuoteLink
Maybe

HAMS will be disappointed you let him down in his comeback game.

I change my answer to ‘Yes’. Lock it in

(Shhhh… said comeback game might be in the VFL the same day. You need to choose, can’t attend both. Three Brownlow votes the next week, though.)

Quite possibly I will be there with a clutch of Humbles and their partners…

If so, we MUST win.

A reply to: @David J Richardson regarding QuoteLink

(Shhhh... said comeback game might be in the VFL the same day. You need to choose, can't attend both. Three Brownlow votes the next week, though.)

Breaking my heart, mate.

I’m going. My girlfriend is originally from Sydney and we’re going to visit her family that weekend. I managed to convert her mum from a disinterested rugby supporter to an an Essendon fan - she’s keen as for the game.

I’m taking the 2 little ones (bombers) and the missers (FARK carlton). Staying in town. Flights booked.

What’s the best way to organise tickets so that we sit with essendon people?

It’s at Stadium Sydney. They’ll be tens of thousands of spare seats…

How do people have relationships with the significant other barracking for fark cahrltyn? They must be a fantastic person for that to be overlooked! :stuck_out_tongue:

A reply to: @bomber_girl regarding QuoteLink

How do people have relationships with the significant other barracking for fark cahrltyn? They must be a fantastic person for that to be overlooked! :p

Fantastic person

Carlton supporter

pick one.