Round 1 versus Hawthorn at Marvel

Apparently the answer was a hard no.

not suprised, they are opposed to common sense them braindead farkheads

9 Likes

Considering they have to pay to use MCG maybe they don’t

AFL in owning Marvel would also have the revenue from the food and beverage contracts in place

Yeah but Essendon wouldn’t waste their time in asking if it wasn’t more profitable at the G

More profitable for the clubs. Perhaps not for the AFL

Definitely better for the clubs members and how many can get in at MCG

Fair enough from the Dees, not their problem

Half full MCG is crap anyway and my seats are far better at Marvel.
Instead of blaming the AFL for everything perhaps the anger can be directed at those who chose to move away from the MCG

2 Likes

The train left the station over 20 years ago on that one, I’m afraid.

Essendon creating chaos!

Oh and their players are losers walk off the field after losing games.

If we get smashed by Hawks then we are in serious trouble their list is sh*it

Hey mate, any chance you could copy paste the article. Don’t wanna give them the click :slight_smile:

We’ve been in serious trouble for the better half of almost two decades mate.

2 Likes

At least we know one of their outs

Patton stiff

We should sell tickets to the jumper presentations. I’m counting 6-7 possible Essendon debutants.

it’s an interesting move to begin with.

surely any day of the week ess v hawks game would have gotten a hell of alot more people to the game than melb v freo, so why the game wasn’t at the G to begin with is questionable.

pre covid sure, but post, surely you gotta be getting big crowds to games to cover any short fall that clubs will still be experiencing …

Let’s just move out of Marvel.

We are a big club, we need a big stadium. Marvel is not big enough and has a stupid name.

Case closed. Swap with the demons…everyone knows they are a pissant club, it’s just those pesky MCC members who love them do dearly.

The MCG should be for the big 4 and Hawthorn, cos let’s me honest they are just a good football club(bunch of carnitas but a good club)

Don’t agree
Melbourne FC despite their smallish size have the most claim to the MCG and as part of the MCC they technically manage the MCG.

1 Like

and also happen to run the stadium.

edit: ace beat me to it

1 Like

The MCC didn’t want to know them for the best part of three decades whilst they cost them money.

Given the new found agility from the covid dress reharsal last year, AFL should consider (and use it as a carrot for all Melbourne based clubs) to:

• If expected crowds <40k (mainly local team playing non-melb teams + north/doggies…etc) MARVEL
  • If expected crowds >40k (move it to the ‘G’)
    If there is a will there is a way…and now is the right time to be bold and move these initiatives (including Tasmania) - rather than pumping money into lost causes like Gold Coast…etc. These Executives are paid a fair bit to be able to take hard decisions and think creatively -dont think they’re earning their money.