Round 1 versus Hawthorn at Marvel

No doubt, the ‘decision’ (non-decision, really) is to do with sponsorship, broadcast rights, etc. We know the AwFuL has its eye firmly on the dollar, nothing else.

SEN has been fairly scathing of the decision, most comments by the various host have been asking where being nibble, being flexible, looking after the fans has gone.

This has been caused by the ridiculous rules set by the Health Department - At the moment there is no COVID in Victoria, there is a vaccine rollout starting and Victoria has banned overseas flights until all key workers are vaccinated - There is no reason why you can’t have close to 100% capacity at the moment.

2 Likes

Only QLD will have 100%
NSW and SA only 75%
WA 65%
Vic 50%

1 Like

Pretty pretty pretty absurd numbers there.

Yep, at least 75% nationwide as a minimum.

60% in WA is just hilarious. And yet the imbeciles over there just love that McClown isolationist kool aid.

2 Likes

Mrs Wim reckons he’s laying the groundwork for secession.

Yeah WA wtf :man_facepalming:
Apparently they’ve been amazing and had what, one case for 6 months or something yet they’re only comfortable with 65% capacity. Incredible.

1 Like

Like everyone before in WA for 40 years…

Well, yeah, but he’s already got border control.
Anyway, just being silly.

Although I hear the official currency will be Schrutebucks.

1 Like

Obvs. Except about them being whack jobs drinking the kool aid. that’s not silly, that’s legit.

2 Likes

That would need one helluva rabbit people proof fence.

I think Gill is still all for the competition being nimble, agile and about the fans…just as long as it doesn’t cost the AFL money.

1 Like

Timing for getting tickets Round 1 v hawks announced by EFC.

On sale March 16th
Priority 1 -1pm
Priority 2 - 3pm
Priority 3 - 5pm

1 Like

On first glance it read like reserved seat members had a to purchase ticket (which would be odd), but as per the FAQ this isn’t the case (just need to redeem a ticket).

By the time the members get their tickets there will be fck all tickets availble for the general public

I’m buying a ticket soon as 1:00pm hits

Yep, just got to put your membership barcode(s) in to redeem.

@Finding_Nino high mark & silver at 1, bronze at 3 then ga, flexi and afl at 5

Lol, watch the system time out and crash and the window will open for other groups

3 Likes