Round 12 Essendon v Nth Ballarat @ Eureka Stadium, 1pm Sunday 9 July 2017

McKernan does my head in. The first 3 qtrs he was worse than horrible playing as a key forward. Got nowhere near it and looked like it didn’t bother him in the slightest. Thrown into the ruck later in the game it was night to day. He started getting the ball and influencing the match.

This bloke simply can’t self motivate. Left alone in the forwardline, he just doesn’t seem to will himself into a match. But when he’s put in the middle, he’s forced to play football. Motivation is no longer a factor, he’s in the play whether he wants to be there or not.

I’m convinced the only way to get a good game out of smack these days is just start him in the centre square. After a few touches, he’s away and you can throw in whereever. If he fades outs…back to the sqaure.

3 Likes

Stats from footy live app:

Howlett 27 disp, 6 tackles, 1 goal
Laverde 23, 1 tackle 3 goals 3
Hocking 22, 8, 1 goal
Mutch 22, 5 (19 kicks)
Merrett 20, 1, 3 goals
Stanton 20, 4
Redman 19, 1
McNernan 15, 2 (13 hitouts, 2 goals 1)
Clarke 13, 7
Francis 13, 2
Ridley 12 , 3
Long 11, 1
Morgan 9, 3
Draper 5, 4 (37 hitouts)

Ha, now instead of him being invisible, I just assume Clarke gets plenty.

Just watched the replay:

• First quarter Francis was horrendous. Literally every time he got it he made an unforced error.
  • High pants Ridley i like, same with Clarke and Mutch. Mutch in particular having both feet to use gets him out of sticky situations a lot.
  • One of the commentators is funny, has a 60 yr olds voice trying to be all professional, good laugh listening to him. Sounds really contrived and corny.
  • Laverde looked a step above, his size is really powerful now I think he would have a good don;t argue if he practiced it.
  • Redman iv’e been a critic of but he looks good now his moved to defence. just shows how much easier it is playing as a defender compared to as a forward.
  • I would like to see Boyse signed by us next year, we don;t want another dickson situation happening he seems a real talent.
  • Long and Morgan average as usual.

Tory still hasn’t kicked his 150th AFL goal. Nothing to worry about.

(You just know Footscray will take Boyse.)

I appreciate the advice but it isn’t keeping me up at night so you can rest easy.

9 touches against the worst team? Morgan’s having a laugh.

McKernan’s a ruckman. He’s not conventional ruckman size and he doesn’t do much conventional ruckman stuff.

But when he plays in the ruck and he’s left there all day, the team generally does pretty well. He gets a lot of the ball and he takes marks and kicks goals.

I would play him in the first ruck and have Belly on the bench. He’d have some off days, but he’d have some very good ones too.

Can I just point out how hilarious it is to get the vfl in 720p50fps on youtube and ch7 still do 1080p @24fps.

■■■■■■■ joke.

3 Likes