Round 12 - GWS vs Essendon @ Skoda (7/6/14 - 7:40pm)

Giants only lost by 7. I hope all of our boys watched that game - they will come out with a lot if confidence from that

Should be flat after that effort, they were great but it'll be a tough ask to back that up against us.

Superb effort from the Giants.
We play at anything less than 100% next week and we will lose. Simple.
Must dent their confidence early.

Would be very surprised if Cameron doesnt have a break in his arm, cant see him playing. Might cop a game for his hit anyway

Would be very surprised if Cameron doesnt have a break in his arm, cant see him playing. Might cop a game for his hit anyway

Damn. That could force us to play Carlisle forward.

So impressed with Giants. Hawks had a lot of key players out in midfield but it certainly reminds you that not much between sides sometimes. Poor by Patton missing from 20m dead in front to bring them to within a point!

Any consideration we might have had about resting fletch or whoever is out the door now.

We’ll get done if we don’t rock up fully committed. We play ■■■■■ against lowly teams with no enthusiasm. If we go resting blokes etc they’ll roll us.

Have to admit I am surprised that GWS pushed the Dawks, albeit a depleted one, as close as they have today. Shows that we cannot be complacent with any game from now on as there aren’t any margin for FUs.

Must come out firing in all cylinders this week. GO BOMBERS.

You want to rest players the week after the bye???

THought the Melbourne game would be our next danger game. Well stuff that......next Saturday night is a big danger game, especially on their home track. Given they had an open letter sent to all members apologising for their effort against the Tigers, they'll be dead keen to give a great effort at home.

The saving grace is that it was a bit of a slog in the wet for them today, so the extra days break will help us.

Would not surprise me to see us 2-3 goals down at one stage in the second half, only for the GWS to tire and the Dons get over the line. Only the four points will do.

I hope the guys were at the ground today too - and I hope they have seen first hand that the GWS are not to be taken lightly.

OUT: Dempsey

IN: Hurley

if hocking goes which I hope he doesn't , I think we should bring in cory dell!  he probably has earnt the right to have a chance at it with some strong performances in the magoos, plus we need to know if he is going to make it or not!

other changes would be: hurley for ambrose I think.

Easy win.

I’m glad GWS put in that performance against the Hawks. They needed to show something after those consecutive thrashings so it’s better that effort was against them than Essendon next week… GWS worked hard and in the rain so they’re likely to be emotionally and physically flat next week. Essendon ‘should’ do it easy …

No resting players (unless injured)…we just had a break!!!

10 point win.

It'll be just like Dogs and Brisbane.

10 point win.

It'll be just like Dogs and Brisbane.

No it won't be anything like those games, when we did just enough to get over the line. We turned the corner after quarter time against the Swans and marched back to good form against the Tiges. We will continue to build on that when we face GWS. Hurley back in and forward for mine, no idea who goes out. 

1 week smashed by tigers

next week should of beaten the hawks

I have no idea what to expect

I dont care how we get the win. Whether its 10p points or 1 point, as long as we get the 4 points. Crucial not to drop this, gws will take a fair bit of confidence out of yesterday

1 week smashed by tigers

next week should of beaten the hawks

I have no idea what to expect

I expect a 10 goal first quarter from the Bombers. We will make a statement now we have our mojo back. Hurley will play forward and kick 3 in the first quarter.

Fingers crossed GWS spent all their petrol tickets vs Hawthorn. In the wet, just fell short, hopefully it was very taxing on them.