Round 12 Non-Essendon Games

Cats v Bloos

Whorethorn vs WCE

Port vs Aint's

Doggies vs Lions or Bears or what ever they are this week.

Suns vs COLA

Freo vs Adel

Norf vs Tiges

Dees vs Pies

Doggies vs Lions or Bears or what ever they are this week.

They‘re always the Bears.

LEL. Tigs have decided that the only thing better than three really tall guys not getting a kick in the forward line is four really tall guys not getting a kick, and brought in Vickery alongside Hampson/Maric, the underwhelming Griffiths and obviously Jack.
Neither Griffiths, Hampson nor Maric have done anything forward, Vickery is passable at best but they're just going to be competing for the same entries and we saw last week they had one too many & had to sub Hampson (who'd performed better than Griffiths & Maric) at half time.
Also brought back that saviour, Ricky Petterd.
For the life of me it looks like they've got less genuine midfielders than last week, less runners and more slow, tall marking types.
That Dimma, he can coach...

This is actually from the round 11 thread but i'm quoting it in here because it is ■■■■■■■ hilarious. They are basically going with the 3-ruckmen idea (Maric, Hampson and Vickery) except none of them are good up forward.

The implosion is nearly complete!

LEL. Tigs have decided that the only thing better than three really tall guys not getting a kick in the forward line is four really tall guys not getting a kick, and brought in Vickery alongside Hampson/Maric, the underwhelming Griffiths and obviously Jack.
Neither Griffiths, Hampson nor Maric have done anything forward, Vickery is passable at best but they're just going to be competing for the same entries and we saw last week they had one too many & had to sub Hampson (who'd performed better than Griffiths & Maric) at half time.
For the life of me it looks like they've got less genuine midfielders than last week, less runners and more slow, tall marking types.

This is actually from the round 11 thread but i'm quoting it in here because it is ******* hilarious. They are basically going with the 3-ruckmen idea (Maric, Hampson and Vickery) except none of them are good up forward.

And they are not that crash hot ruckmen either.

There ins and outs are  pretty nasty:

INS: R.Petterd, T.Vickery, A.Miles, J.Batchelor, B.Helbig, N.Vlastuin, B.O‘Hanlon

OUTS: D.Jackson (hip), S.Grigg (hamstring), D.Grimes (toe), R.Conca (groin)

This is actually from the round 11 thread but i'm quoting it in here because it is ******* hilarious. They are basically going with the 3-ruckmen idea (Maric, Hampson and Vickery) except none of them are good up forward.

And they that crash hot ruckmen either.

Hampson - average at best. Did well early but useless when he goes forward, not worht the 2nd round pick they gave up for him

Maric - Body failing him

Vickery - yeah

And they still have Stephenson on their list. With that many ruckmen, why not delist one and try out a midfielder with speed or grunt.

Hampson - average at best. Did well early but useless when he goes forward, not worht the 2nd round pick they gave up for him

Maric - Body failing him

Vickery - yeah

And they still have Stephenson on their list. With that many ruckmen, why not delist one and try out a midfielder with speed or grunt.

Richmond recruit in batches like Carlton do. Say the need a ruckman, they will recruit 5 of them. Next year they will probably recruit 5 CHB's

Underwhelming round of footy this week. Suns-Sydney and maybe Freo-Adelaide might be worth watching.

Underwhelming round of footy this week. Suns-Sydney and maybe Freo-Adelaide might be worth watching.

Suns-Sydney probably match of the round. GC win and they can start thinking finals.  

Suns-Sydney probably match of the round. GC win and they can start thinking finals.  

Yep agree with that. Think Sydney will be too strong but they're going to be hard to beat at Metricon and if they start winning the odd game like this they're going to be hard to dislodge from the 8. That said, they're still a young team so it could be a long last month for them.

Anyone else think the dee's are a sneaky chance on Monday?

Nope!

Nope!

Queens Birthday is their Grand Final they always lift.

fark carlton

North and Geelong will be good to watch, mainly to see the coaches reaction to every free kick.

Maric - Body failing him

Vickery - yeah

They have McBean as well, who's 200+cm although he's more of a forward in my book.  But you'd keep him, he was always going to need time and will provide a nice contrast in styles with Jack R in the fwd line in future.  Absolutely bewildered why they traded for Hampson though.  Can only assume they were trying to top up, but Hampson is an honest toiler at the very best and is never, ever EVER going to be the difference between a finals side and a GF side, so what the hell is the point?

Dimma won’t be coaching next weekend. North are the absolute worst team for them to run into. Expect the Roos to put on their ‘top 4 credentials’ display for the month and flat track bully them into annihilation.

Dimma won't be coaching next weekend. North are the absolute worst team for them to run into. Expect the Roos to put on their 'top 4 credentials' display for the month and flat track bully them into annihilation.

Nah Nth played well last week.  This week will be a 'perplexing' loss when Brad Scott questions the very existence of the space time continuem.

I think we should relax our ’ FARK CARLTON ’ stance for certain weeks.

Sure, if they lose, we degrade them (quite rightly).

However, with a possible benefit to us by them winning, I’m OK with it.

Particularly since they are little or no chance to make the 8.

Therefore, for tonight, I’m saying…

Rut derut derut

Rut derut derut

Rut derut derut derut derut

Der ner ner nerrrr…

Maric - Body failing him
Vickery - yeah

Richmond recruit in batches like Carlton do. Say the need a ruckman, they will recruit 5 of them. Next year they will probably recruit 5 CHB's
Hampson is IMHO just as good in the ruck as Maric at the moment. Problem is he's just as bad forward as well. Can't pick the both of them IMHO. And Griffiths is lost, absolutely lost, kid can mark but unless you're going to him a fair bit he's got very little else to contribute.
Jack/Vickery/Hampson/Griffiths would work IMHO but they've just got too many one dimensional players in there and absolutely zero run around them.

I don’t rate Hampson at all. Farking Potato not worth a 11th rounder.