Round 12

Blues could seal it here

Port coming hard at the Blues

In relation to Gibbs sling tackle (that will cost him a couple of weeks):

Dom Cassisi
:heavy_check_mark:
@DomCassisi

It’s only taken 8 years for Gibbs to lay a tackle. Well done.

Nice one Dom! lol

Gold

In relation to Gibbs sling tackle (that will cost him a couple of weeks):

Dom Cassisi
:heavy_check_mark:
@DomCassisi

It’s only taken 8 years for Gibbs to lay a tackle. Well done.

Nice one Dom! lol

Monfries only 5 touches @ 3qtr time

Pick him up. Would be a great addiction to our forward line.

He kicked a goal. No good. Tackling is what wins you games.

can’t these ■■■■■■■ end in a draw, hate both ■■■■■■■ teams.

Carlton might be about to get their heartsbroken here

Lol @ port

Pick him up. Would be a great addiction to our forward line.

Squibbs just put a swing tackle on Robbie Gray. Gray is out cold

It's not necessarily about Bruce though. Or Ling. Or Den. Etc

About 10 years ago the sports broadcasters decided that, although the 1-commentator-and-a-special-comments-guy format had worked well for the previous 50 years, they’d go to 2 commentators (rotating) and a special comments guy. Which worked reasonably well. Then, they decided it’d be better to have 17 guys simultaneously doing commentary and special comments. So all the guys who were callers (Bruce was a very good caller, as was Dennis, as was Brian Taylor) got told to blab on more, and all the special comments guys (Brereton was decent when he was just doing special comments) were told to talk a lot more as well.
And you end up with 17 guys just having their own private conversations, and occasionally being surprised by what’s going on on field.

Agree with this… It makes games impossible to watch on tv with the sound up! It’s not just ch7, fox footy is as bad if not worse with mguire, brereton, etc, etc etc. So many ‘experts’ rabbiting on about boring crap while the game is going on… Is this based on the way american commentators call games? Anyway, I hate it and it is one of the main reasons I don’t watch games on tv now unless I can sync it to a radio call or just mute the audio. Wish you had the choice to just listen to the atmos!

Nah American sports broadcasting is a hell of a lot better than ours.
Let alone writing, some American sports writers actually seem to be literate and even watch the sport they write about.

Same with soccer. You get some excellent articulate analyses and opinion pieces.

Simon Hill(soccer) is the best sports caller in the country

About 10 years ago the sports broadcasters decided that, although the 1-commentator-and-a-special-comments-guy format had worked well for the previous 50 years, they’d go to 2 commentators (rotating) and a special comments guy. Which worked reasonably well. Then, they decided it’d be better to have 17 guys simultaneously doing commentary and special comments. So all the guys who were callers (Bruce was a very good caller, as was Dennis, as was Brian Taylor) got told to blab on more, and all the special comments guys (Brereton was decent when he was just doing special comments) were told to talk a lot more as well.
And you end up with 17 guys just having their own private conversations, and occasionally being surprised by what’s going on on field.

Agree with this… It makes games impossible to watch on tv with the sound up! It’s not just ch7, fox footy is as bad if not worse with mguire, brereton, etc, etc etc. So many ‘experts’ rabbiting on about boring crap while the game is going on… Is this based on the way american commentators call games? Anyway, I hate it and it is one of the main reasons I don’t watch games on tv now unless I can sync it to a radio call or just mute the audio. Wish you had the choice to just listen to the atmos!

Let alone writing, some American sports writers actually seem to be literate and even watch the sport they write about.

Same with soccer. You get some excellent articulate analyses and opinion pieces.

Good thing Paddy went to Power for money and not cos they were close to winning premiership.

Cos he’d be ok with this.

@FantasyFreako: Nic Nat's winning % in ruck contests last night was 70.2%, recording hitout to advantage rate of 42.4%. #SuperCoach

Carlisle must have handled himself well in comparison to a seasoned ruck.
Maybe Carlisle in the ruck will perform better than Bellchambers.

Impossible.
Haven’t you seen THAT damning photo that shows that everyone is a farkwit except for the newspaper?

I feel weird wanting fark carlton to win, but port losing is funnier. Maybe a draw would be good.

Not a lot of Fark carlton fans there today.

@FantasyFreako: Nic Nat's winning % in ruck contests last night was 70.2%, recording hitout to advantage rate of 42.4%. #SuperCoach

Carlisle must have handled himself well in comparison to a seasoned ruck.
Maybe Carlisle in the ruck will perform better than Bellchambers.