Round 12

It’s not necessarily about Bruce though.
Or Ling.
Or Den.
Etc

About 10 years ago the sports broadcasters decided that, although the 1-commentator-and-a-special-comments-guy format had worked well for the previous 50 years, they’d go to 2 commentators (rotating) and a special comments guy. Which worked reasonably well. Then, they decided it’d be better to have 17 guys simultaneously doing commentary and special comments. So all the guys who were callers (Bruce was a very good caller, as was Dennis, as was Brian Taylor) got told to blab on more, and all the special comments guys (Brereton was decent when he was just doing special comments) were told to talk a lot more as well.
And you end up with 17 guys just having their own private conversations, and occasionally being surprised by what’s going on on field.

The standard of commentary from 7 is making the telecast nigh unwatchable. It's like listening to a conversation between 5, or is it 6 people all vying to have their say. Ling is by far the wost offender. Still crapping on 15 seconds after the centre bounces. And Bruce, is so yesterday. I switched channels early in the 3rd quarter. Had enough! As for Tigers being top 4, laughable!

I have always liked Bruce. Always.

Last night, was the first time I’d started thinking “Ah man, would you just shut up”. The way he porks himself over and over and over about guys like Rance is just getting so boring.

Ten minutes to go in the first quarter, “Duck if we’re picking the All Australian side right now would Rance be your fullback?”

“Ummmmm, no there’s still a few in front of him”

WHO CARES? Commentate the game.

AFL have dead set lost the plot with these Thursday games. I can imagine that apart from the supporters of the teams playing, not many other people GAF last night.

It was Thursday night to celebrate the exact 30 years for Crows in AFL. Not just because the AFL like Thursday night.

That original was the only game of footy I’ve ever bet on.

Took $5 off my Hawks-supporting dad that night, but the actual game was reward enough. Hilarious.

P.S. It wasn’t the 30th anniversary. I’m not that old.

Correct.
That game was 1991 and in Round 1 (March sometime). It’s 2015 in the middle of June.

Sounds like a way of selling Thursday night footy in Adelaide or the AFL best shot at trying to get the limelight back onto AFL after NRL State of Origin night.

They did it last year… but sure. It’s a knee jerk reaction.
Had a gutful of hearing how awesome Rance is. He's freaking useless, does more holding, scragging, arm chopping, pushing than any other backman in the comp. Then we have to hear from Bruce and Den about how amazing he is.

Hopeless footballer.

So much this.

At least Carey called it how it was and said Hooker was the best still.

Don’t even think Hooker’s the best tall back running around in the red and black…
its a pitty we have fallen in a hole because 4th place is well and trully open this year. a bunch of rubbish teams falling over themselves to get it .
And surely GWS will fall back to the pack without Mummy and the other injuries they've got.
He's too handsome to play defence.

He’s easily the best looking of the useless footballers going around.

How does West Coast get a free kick for a player throwing the ball back to the ump "too hard" (which it wasn't by the way, the ump caught the ball cleanly)? West Coast shouldn't get the free for that, even if it is abuse at the ump in that situation it shouldn't be a free to the opposition. At worst it should be a fine to the player for abusing an ump but not a free to the opposition who haven't done a thing to earn it.

It’s normally a free (or 50 or reversal, depending on who has the ball).
At least all the ones I remember us copping have been (“weak dog” and “den…demen… denom… demonstrative”)

its a pitty we have fallen in a hole because 4th place is well and trully open this year. a bunch of rubbish teams falling over themselves to get it .

Rance is useless.

And now they’ve got him for another four years.

Are the going to Bethlehem with him?

The standard of commentary from 7 is making the telecast nigh unwatchable. It’s like listening to a conversation between 5, or is it 6 people all vying to have their say. Ling is by far the wost offender. Still crapping on 15 seconds after the centre bounces. And Bruce, is so yesterday. I switched channels early in the 3rd quarter. Had enough! As for Tigers being top 4, laughable!

Changed my tip to West Coast 4 minutes before the bounce.

Score!

I chickened out, fark

He’s too handsome to play defence.

Rance is useless.

Changed my tip to West Coast 4 minutes before the bounce.

Score!

pattern of this game has been WC apply just enough pressure to make tigers crap the bed and cough up easy goals on turnovers then sit back and let the tigers bomb it in like made.

also it was soft but i’d love cotchin to get a holiday for his love tap on selwood just for the lols

Oh ■■■■ off Bruce!
They are only second because they are a game ahead!
Keep it in your pants

Suck my fat one Bartlett!
You’re still an average team

over rated team beats another over rated team = one overrated team becoming seriously over rated and the other having “big questions” to answer.

what’s the difference between essendon and richmond ?
right now it’s only the colour of the sash.

Their skill and decision making were sublime against Freo. Tonight it was like watching Essington.
also the parrellels between rance and hooker are just as eerily similar. both outstanding competative defensive beasts, but both dumb footballers with ball in hand.

Not just from this game, but gee there are alot of dumb footballers going around. take away the fitness component of todays game, if you put most back 10-25 even 30 years not many would get a game

Does Bellchambers have a twin?

Because there is a bloke running around for Bitchmond wearing number 20 who is exactly like him IMO.