Round 13 Essendon v Fark Northern @ Windy Hill, 2:10pm Saturday 15 July 2017

Sporange.

The flipside is, Laverde has a turn of speed and is a better mark.

1 Like

LAVS A ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  UNIT.

like ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  huge.

yoked.

SWOLE

BIG.

greens a baby raptor.

1 Like

1 Like

Do people still see Francis as a 3rd tall? Or more so a KPP?

I was sort of hoping heā€™d turn into an elite 3rd tall/flanker as we already have good depth in KP down there. Hurley, Hartley, Ambrose, Brown.

26 possies and 4 goals from a mid is a fair day out!

Lav and Langers love to Fark Carlton, whichever level its at.

9 Likes

Francis, Lav, Langford, Mutch, Big Boi, Redmanā€¦ allot to like about the next crop coming through.

Hopefully they can get a VFL flag for Hocking and Stanton before they leave this year.

3 Likes

I was writing at half time after a wasteful half of football, and a particularly frustrating second quarter when we continually kicked it to outnumbered forwards - surely you saw that? Like the senior team, Carlton have a defensive bent to their game and we didnā€™t adapt to it, as players or coaches. In comparison to Friday night we were a lot messier in that period, and it wasnā€™t just the missed shots.

Much improved after half time, and come the last quarter the Blues had lost much of their structure and discipline. It was a cakewalk then and very much in the same style as the senior team. Should be too, thereā€™s a lot of talent in that team, much more so than in the Blues team.

1 Like

Ladder at the end of the round has us sixth.

Catch is teams 7 thru 9 have played one less game. Seventh can pass us by winning, but 8 and 9 would still be 40% behind us even if they won that extra game and drew level on wins.

Simple message: keep winning.

2 Likes

This! Was all class yesterday. Would love to see Trav, Raz, Tippa and Longy running rings around ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !

If weā€™re a good side, we beat North so fkn comfortably

We play better when Iā€™m not confident

Nerves

Do people see Redman getting another year? Doesnā€™t seem to have shown much by all reports.

Already got a 2 year extension.

Got a 2 year extension this year? Or last?

He got the extension last year in his first year. He has 2 more after 2017.

1 Like

Taped the game and finally got around to watching the Lav show.

I liked Mutchā€™s game. In fact, Iā€™ve liked everything Iā€™ve ever seen of him. Will be a player, hopefully sees a senior game this year.

I reckon Lav walks into every forward line in the league bar Adelaide and GWS. Francis and Langford would be getting games right now at plenty of other clubs too. Itā€™s actual, genuine depth.

Just on Francis, he looked ok, but not sure which one of Hurley or Gleeson heā€™s gonna replace at any stage, and thatā€™s the role heā€™s playing.

Begleyā€™s burst through the pack was a nice sample of whatā€™s to come. Iā€™m on board with the thought that heā€™ll end up a mid.

It was a good win, the bloos were garbage though.

3 Likes

Spot on.

Laverde: A gun. Hard, fast and very good recovery from contest to contest. Not a like for like swap for Green but disagree with those who say that would be a bad change given how quick Lavs recovery is. Think he allows a four pronged set up worth looking at at some stage. Either way - he stays fit and weā€™re a much more dangerous side.

Langford: Didnā€™t notice a whole lot of his midfield time and did most of his best work at the far end which is a massive test for my eyesight but no doubt a good game. Havenā€™t been as harsh on his AFL form as some but to me he looks like heā€™s one of those ā€˜everything clicksā€™ pre-seasons away from being a very good player. Will become an athletic beast and a very good midfielder.

Redman: Decent at half back and was thrown forward in the second half. Interesting one for mine because he looks to have the tools but weā€™re flooded with half forward/backs at the moment. Going alright.

Long: Didnā€™t play with as much flair as usual which may have done him a few favours Saturday. Kept it simple and did it well. Would be giving him another year.

Stanton: Got a stack of it and will be a good asset for this side heading into the finals. Canā€™t see him getting back into the seniors without a heap of injuries but if that happens we know what weā€™re going to get if and canā€™t knock that in what will be his final year.

Howlett: Class above VFL level and a sign of decent depth, can still be serviceable in the seniors, albeit as the 20th-22nd man at best. Interesting one for the end of the year.

Hocking: Tough as nails and still goes well at this level. Unlikely to get another year but certainly need to find someone with his grunt for the ones.

Leuey: Seems like heā€™s one of the types that will play the same sort of game regardless of the level. Belly doing nice things but certainly no disaster if we had to take Leuey into a final.

Ridley: Unnoticed for the majority of the game but probably expected playing deep defence in a side conceding five goals.

Francis: Combine my assessments of Long, Langford, Redman and Ridleys and you get this bloke. Needs a huge pre season but not sure where he plays. Want him as the big, angry, game changing midfielder we so desperately need - whether he can get himself that fit is another story but thatā€™s where Iā€™d be developing him.

Jerrett: Another who seems to play the same game at either level. Conservative list management gives him one last year to prove himself in 2018.

Fridge: Not the BRING HIM IN performance we were hoping for but think he would handle himself well if he gets a call up in the run home. Solid prospect.

Morgan: Most invisible footballer weā€™ve had since Van Unen. Was like he wasnā€™t even out there on Saturdayā€¦

Clarke: Seems to get to very good spots and finds plenty of it. Like the look of him.

Mutch: Not the first to say it but wonā€™t be the last. Reckon weā€™ve got one here.

Dea: Unspectacular game but makes for good depth.

Probably a few Iā€™ve forgotten about. Not as fun as the side we had two-three years ago but very capable of a prelim appearance at least if they can scrap the Essington style efforts shown against Werribee and Richmond from here on in.

8 Likes

Morgan didnā€™t play :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s the joke.jpeg

2 Likes