Round 15 Essendon v Collingwood @ Victoria Park, 11:45am Sunday 30 July 2017

Today, I’m just glad Collingwood exists. Gave up 50 points in the AFL and 49 points in this one.

4 Likes

Draper only 1 kick, 5 handballs and 2 hit outs according to footy live app

Was he injured? Or the app as useful for player stats as it is live ladder ?

I love VFL stats:

(It’s a data bug arising from the assumption that all quarters are 30 minutes long — Franga kicked a goal 33 minutes into the third quarter. The bug is not present in AFL games for the same scenario, so we can safely shake our heads and laugh at VFL stats.)

4 Likes

Going off this season and last season - who deserves a rookie spot the most out of Boyse, Heppell and Holmes?

I know which one Footscray will take.

Holmes was never at all likely (but then again we took Clarke in the main draft), and HepA is shorn.

1 Like

Such a shame, I reckon Heppell deserved a spot more than McNiece after last season, he seems to have just lost everything, especially dreads.

I’m not 100% certain, but based on some of the commentary in the VFL thread this year, sounds like these three could even be beHind some other VFL prospects who are playing Ferry well. But I won’t divulge who.

8 Likes

Probably an obvious question but how do you see the VFL stats in the AFL live app?

At the very top there is a downward arrow menu (which by default selects the AFL). Tap it and choose the VFL.

1 Like

Thanks but can’t see it. Is your phone apple or Android? Mine is Android.

You want the ‘Footy Live’ app.

Boyse.

VFL.com.au lists the bests as:

B. Howlett, A. Boyse, N. Hind, C. Bird, M. Darby, A. Francis

Hoffy says:
“Franga, played the first half of last qtr forward and created a focus and just wanted to be in everything. Marking, spoiling, evrything. Some times it doesnt pay off but he worked really hard.”

Good news for the Frang.

Got it now. Thanks

Boyse has AFL attributes - Reminds me a bit of Tory Dickson, though Dickson could switch to the midfield - Good chance to be on an AFL list in 2018.

New article up boosting Boyse’s status, plus highlights video.

And yes, they are highlights, not just goals! Clunks, tackles, etc. Good stuff, I’m claiming my whinging led to it.

4 Likes

From http://vfl.com.au/stats-central-meese-monsters-it/

• “Essendon was another team to lose the disposal count (by 52) to a high-possessing Collingwood in 2017, but the Bombers defeated the Magpies by 15 points with the help of some dominant clearance work. They won the clearance count by 14, with Craig Bird and emerging VFL-lister Nick Hind (seven clearances each) leading the way.”

• Bird was second for handballs in the VFL this week.

• Leunenberger was fourth for hitouts (37). Only 57 behind the leader!

2 Likes