Round 15 Essendon vs. Box Hill Hawks Windy Hill Saturday July 16 11:00AM

We’ve won it. Incredible!!!

Trailled pretty much all day, and they’ve gotten up.

Edwards has pretty much stolen it from the Hawks, with Ashby the winner pretty much on the siren.

Amazing.

If only there wasn’t an AFL game starting in 5 minutes time more EFC fans might have been able to watch it.

Really really important win for our season. And without radio DJR influence.

Well done Bombers, well done.

Over to the Seniors for a repeat.

Tuned in for the last two minutes. Fair to say the Bombers VFL commentators were pretty excited when Ashby put the last one through

Thanks for the commentary everyone - brilliant!

That was a mini final eight point game for us and the Dawks. Yay!

Man I was on edge just going through the commentary. DJR who? :stuck_out_tongue:

Great win!

Essendon 15.5 (95)
BoxHillHawks 13.14 (92)

Bwahahaha on the accuracy front.

great last 10 minutes, but a pretty abysmal game throughout

nobody earned a senior spot off of that game, not even francis, looked completely cooked out there tbh apart from a couple of dashes of brilliance

Sweet

Highlight was the box hill geriatric behind goals.

Highlight was the box hill geriatric behind goals.

Alistair Clarkson?

Essendon 15.5 (95) BoxHillHawks 13.14 (92)

Bwahahaha on the accuracy front.

Bring ALL the VFL goalkickers into the senior side.

Was Francis really as good today as what I’ve heard? Reports peeps please… Who went well?

Was Francis really as good today as what I've heard? Reports peeps please... Who went well?

Good but not flash, pretty much a par game.

Love his endeavour and physical ability, just needs to temper his ambition with kicking a little.

Might not get a choice but to debut next week if Gwilt is out

If he’s got through the game unscathed, would have to be a likely inclusion next week.

And I’m not one who has been thinking he had to get a game before now.

I only saw the second half, but from what I saw the positives were;

Francis should come in. He is a massive upgrade on McKernan. You could even play him in the forward line and JD can play a bit in the ruck as it can get him a bit more involved. I thought he is running out games pretty well as he was running back hard in the last quarter when the ball hit the post then was presenting across half forward a minute later. Also, his work in packs is top notch. His third quarter wasn’t his best work as O’Brien and Bolic? seemed a little nimble for him, but he still took a couple of intercept marks and the Box Hill delivery in to the forward line was pretty good.

HeppA seemed a little quiet in the third, but he does some great work that I don’t always pick up. In the last quarter he took two great marks forward of the wing that along with Edwards was the difference.

Ashby looked good in the second half. He was good in the air especially.

Edwards got caught a couple of times, but he was one of the few who took the game on in a team that lacked a bit of spark. With the upgrades of Lav, McKenna and Langford he stood out as one of the next in line. He went for a long run down to the Napier St end and was caught with the ball, but if Redman drew the man away from him we would still be talking about the run and potential goal. I liked his game and not just for the last two goals.

Woohoo

Thanks for the updates guys. Really wish they’d schedule the VFL games better.

I;d like to qualify my above statement. Francis did nothing standout like the last few weeks but i think you just bring him in if you think he can paly out the game. Has terrific skills and presence as well as self-belief.

The scoreboard at the ground was wrong for at the very least most of the last quarter and ended on something like Ess 14.5 95 v Hawks 13.13 92
I was initially worried that we were actually down by a couple of points based on that math.

IF Edwards plays the season out with numbers in the 20’s , and plays with heart, then he gets a rookie spot.