Round 18 - Western Bulldogs vs Essendon @ ES (20/7/14 @ 4:40pm)

We need to prepare and go as hard at the bulldogs this week and take our newly found confidence for a test run - ie. do not take your foot off the pedal! Only 4 quarters of the intensity we've shown will be enough and any return to old habits will be feasted on by the Swans in 3 weeks time.

If jobbers has a hammy, what chance he comes in, but is subbed, or misses the game altogether.

Would hate to be going into September without him.

100+ points…i guarantee it. Dogs will be lucky to score!

Far out the media are on us after yesterday! Makes me nervous but I think the team is playing too well at the moment to drop the bundle against Dogs. I think....

Just as the Pies didn't turn up on Sunday and got what they deserve, we cannot afford to be complacent with the dogs or we will find ourselves in the same predicament. I don't think we will make that same fatal mistake but a little bit of uneasy feeling in the gut nonetheless.
Work hard, we will win.
GO BOMBERS!!!

Bomba said the Geelong loss stung us. I would have hoped the St.Kilda loss did that, and the Melbourne loss, etc. 

I look at it with the view that the accumulation of all those losses stung but the Geelong game was the final straw.  

I noticed Carlisle grabbed his hamstring twice in the last quarter whilst watching the replay.  Nothing might come of it, but will be interested to see if there are any issues.

Noticed this too. Maybe why he was doing extra recovery session at the beach.

100+ points...i guarantee it. Dogs will be lucky to score!

Dogs > Pies

Give Dell a farkin crack at it…got in the right spots yesterday and could of kicked 4, looks dangerous.

Give Dell a farkin crack at it.....got in the right spots yesterday and could of kicked 4, looks dangerous.

I agree, but you can't play everyone!

Just as the Pies didn't turn up on Sunday and got what they deserve, we cannot afford to be complacent with the dogs or we will find ourselves in the same predicament. I don't think we will make that same fatal mistake but a little bit of uneasy feeling in the gut nonetheless.
Work hard, we will win.
GO BOMBERS!!!

yep pretty  much it, and yet with all our previous history, people are stilli in here claiming a large win. How many times does a melbourne, brissy, saints loss have to happen before supporters go you know what, how about we merely wait and see what happens, instead of getting carried away.

Who knows if any of the hysterics on here and in general make it back to the club and players, you'd have to think it does, considering they take for granted percieved lesser opposition.

Turn up, work hard, do what you're suppose to and the result will take care of itself.

Think all you have to do is rock up and you'll win, and another similar Melb loss is on the cards.

Who knows if any of the hysterics on here and in general make it back to the club and players, you'd have to think it does, considering they take for granted percieved lesser opposition.

Some banter during training:

Hurley: Hey Hepps. What do the folks on Bomberblitz reckon about the game this week? 

Heppell: Licha told me that Meat reckons we'll win by 180 points. 

Hurley: He he... Meat. We might as well have beers before the game then, yeah? 

I just don't see it. People pick us to win by a big margin every single week, no matter who we play. You're giving us all WAY too much credit. 

The players take my posts very, very seriously.

I secretly hoped when Carlisle put through his 4th on sunday, that he thought to himself 'Shove that up your ■■■■, Peos.'  

The only way Del is staying in is if Winders got rested with Hibbo coming back.

Given Winders got subbed off and we have a bye the following week, don’t like Del’s chances.

Del just has to bide his time until Zerrett, Chappy or Winders misses a game.

Must keep playing that hard tough brand of footy, cannot afford to drop any games as we aren't cemented in the 8 yet.

salami-web.png

Must keep playing that hard tough brand of footy, cannot afford to drop any games as we aren't cemented in the 8 yet.

We still need to pace ourselves. If bj and hibbs back agree resting howlett but not sure about dell as I think he deserves a run. Maybe winders so he is also primed for the run home. From a positional basis winders is the obvious one considering the two coming back.

salami-web.png

sweatshirt-bearded-guys-cuddle-better-bl

I secretly hoped when Carlisle put through his 4th on sunday, that he thought to himself 'Shove that up your ■■■■, Peos.'

I was hoping Jake could've bagged 5 - then we could've replaced the 1990 GF jibe with this trivia question:
"Who kicked five goals Round 17 2014?"
"Carlisle & Collingwood"

Seriously, the dogs will not score this week.