Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

Weird/scary/useless stat - Haven’t won a Round 19 game since 2006.

2017 is the year of breaking hoodoos, it seems

9 Likes

I wouldnt be surprised if we decide to rest someone and make 1 change this week.

Glad Gleeson is ok after over extending his forearm, was worried he might have broken it looked bad.

Players in line for selection if needed - Ambrose, Langford, Begley, Mutch, Bird, Dea, Howlett, Hocking, Stanton

think Francis goes down pecking order a bit now Ambrose is better.

Kelly might be due for a rest - he was so quiet last week I was wondering early in Q4 if he had gone off the ground injured early in Q1 and I didn’t notice.

Reckon he’ll be due another rest before the end of the home and away season. But I doubt this would be the week, given the Dogs smaller/mid-sized forward line.

1 Like

This late in the season the only ones I’d take a punt on are Ambrose and Langford. I just don’t know how I’d fit them in. McG to a wing, Colyer out, Ambrose in? Langford I have no idea though.

Clearly he went to the Pops Kelly School of Pranks.

II couldnt give a rats really, and if “they” ignore us until we hold up the Cup on 30/9/2017 its OK by me.

4 Likes

This game will be all about winning the contested ball. If we lose that area, our defense may eventually succumb. If we win it, we will take the game by a good margin, I reckon.

4 Likes

Yep. And that will quite a challenge against the Dogs who are still a very good pressure and contested side.

I’ve not really watched a lot of Doggies’s game this year.

Have they had a game that was actually outstanding? i.e. They played their brand of footy the entire game.

From what I’ve seen, they seem to have shown some patches of playing well but nothing to the level of last year.

Keen to find out what other people think. I know we’ve had our bad games, but there have been a number of them where I just thought we were fantastic.

I actually do not think they are playing worse than last year overall. They scrapped through some games last year that they lost this year and most people ignored them as any sort of serious threat. This year they are the reigning premiers so everyone is watching them and saying they are not as good. Yes they are down but they weren’t exactly high flyers last year until the finals.

2 Likes

Really…why do you have to bother to post to tell us this? I can’t stand people who want to us “their” feelings. If there was anything to back up your nervousness, yeah, maybe, but otherwise…

1 Like

Bulldogs have 7 best 22 players out injured, we have 1. Their key players are down on output compared with 9 months ago.
Al that, and we have won the same number of games. Theres not much between us, It could go down to the wire, but if we dont come to play, Argh.

To be fair, part of that was nervousness but I was also bringing up

• even if we did lose this one, people still had us making the 8.
  • Doggies may be using this as a catalyst to spur their finals run, expect them to throw everything they’ve got at us.
  • alternatively, a good win here could have the same effect to spur our run to finals.

Maybe drop the attitude. All Essendon supporters here. Don’t like my comment, feel free to move along and ignore. No need to be so ■■■■■■ rude.

14 Likes

But your degree of outrage at what someone considers worth posting is all totally relevant material for this forum?

11 Likes

What is wrong with you? There’s nothing wrong, at all with his post. Do you just enjoy being a grumpy c*nt?

19 Likes

That is basically the whole point of an online forum, likewise a pre-game thread; to voice feelings.

I don’t think you’ll have many people agreeing with your post.

2 Likes

Doesn’t like x thing, proceeds to do x thing.

10s from all judges, even those ■■■■■ from russia.

3 Likes

10 from me too

you must be new to the internet, cause I thought that was the entire point? :wink:

1 Like