Round 2 Dons V Dees 2nd April 2:10pm - MCG

Having watched the VFL...but without banging the table on these thoughts:
  1. Long just made a couple of clangers that stuck with me, and again rookie rules to consider…probably not for me, but acknowledging that Saladin may have seen more of his game…
  2. Edwards didn’t do anything to break open the game, which is normally why you would consider him…does not deserve promotion…

Long was our best player. Made two turnovers but won a lot of the ball, tackled aggressively and has really improved. If it is a development year he should be considered soon.

I’m interested in your comment that Edwards didn’t “break open the game” I was looking for the big weaving run too but I have a theory. Because he appears to not always know what to do with the ball when he gets it the coach is telling him to take the “first option” such as a quick handball rather than hanging onto the ball. You may remember DJR and me running a similar first option campaign for Jetta who had a similar problem.

Edwards has been in the system for a few years now. From a development perspective I would be playing him and McKenna whenever possible.

Edwards’ effort in attempting to evade up to a dozen players at once is laudable and laughable at the same time. He will be crucified in the seniors.

Having watched the VFL...but without banging the table on these thoughts:
  1. Long just made a couple of clangers that stuck with me, and again rookie rules to consider…probably not for me, but acknowledging that Saladin may have seen more of his game…
  2. Edwards didn’t do anything to break open the game, which is normally why you would consider him…does not deserve promotion…

cont…

Long was our best player. Made two turnovers but won a lot of the ball, tackled aggressively and has really improved. If it is a development year he should be considered soon.

I’m interested in your comment that Edwards didn’t “break open the game” I was looking for the big weaving run too but I have a theory. Because he appears to not always know what to do with the ball when he gets it the coach is telling him to take the “first option” such as a quick handball rather than hanging onto the ball. You may remember DJR and me running a similar first option campaign for Jetta who had a similar problem.

Edwards has been in the system for a few years now. From a development perspective I would be playing him and McKenna whenever possible.

Heartly has to come in to play on Hogan.

Ambrose to Watts

Mitch Brown third tall, with a focus on helping Heartly. Gwilt to use his kicking to be more attacking across HBF.

Fantasia in to provide some more run from the back half.

I would like to see Baguely spend some more time up the field, across HBF/Wing and then pushing into the stoppages. Gleeson to the wing to make way for Fantasia at HBF. We need to be able to use his kicking to more advantage.

I think we need to find some run somehow, the older guys can’t provide that extra pace and slingshot from turnovers.

Forward wise im happy to stay with the Daniher McKernan combo for now. But we need to find some more help a cross half forward. I’d like to see Langford spend more time there. I’m not sure Laverde is ready to come in just yet. Maybe McKenna should com in as that smaller mobile HFF.

As much as a like Stoke in the pocket he will be too valuable this week against the Dees midfield. I’d also like to see Tippa take a few taps in the middle.

Big game for Goddard, Kelly, Bird, Crowley to match the Dees inside game. Will be won here, if we can stop Jones and co getting on top then we will be well on our way to winning.

The Dees KPD is their weakness, we need to generate lots of inside 50s to give Daniher and McKernan the chance to dominate.

Edwards' effort in attempting to evade up to a dozen players at once is laudable and laughable at the same time. He will be crucified in the seniors.

Your observation is spot on. Within a very good side for the majority, you need to be able to predict what a team mate does. My criticism of Edwards is that he will not give the first option or the best option. He prefers to run himself in trouble and then give the ball off when under pressure, and generally when his team mate is out of position

Who’s going to play on Watts?

What are we going to do?

F*ck!

Who's going to play on Watts?

Ambrose may not be a bad option, I reckon.

Who's going to play on Watts?

Ambrose may not be a bad option, I reckon.

Bring Watts softness to the front. Ambrose will send back to crapness.

Have to play Melbourne home game at MCG, thanks EFC.

Pretty sure AFL is in charge of the scheduling, and EFC asked to play Melbourne at Etihad.

Bullshit. We have played our Melbourne home games at the MCG for years when we should be playing either Hawthorn or Geelong home games at the MCG. It is the AFL looking after Melbourne who don’t play well at Ethiad !

Pretty sure AFL is in charge of the scheduling, and EFC asked to play Melbourne at Etihad.

Bullshit. We have played our Melbourne home games at the MCG for years when we should be playing either Hawthorn or Geelong home games at the MCG. It is the AFL looking after Melbourne who don’t play well at Ethiad !

Last time we played Melbourne at Etihad was 2009. Jurrah's first game.

A real defender at FB and anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) in for Cooney and I’ll be happy.

Need to give the bulk of the team time to gel a little bit.

That is just silly. It would be more likely due to the MCC have a large number of Melbourne suporters

That is just silly. It would be more likely due to the MCC have a large number of Melbourne suporters

Youy are well named even if you can’t spell. What has Essendon home games got to do with the MCC? We would get a larger attendance playing either Hawthorn or Geelong at the G than we get playing Melbourne. MCC supporters are irrelevant to the argument

You are well named even if you can’t spell. What has Essendon home games got to do with the MCC? We would get a larger attendance playing either Hawthorn or Geelong at the G than we get playing Melbourne. MCC supporters are irrelevant to the argument

In: Edwards, Hartley, Laverde
Out: Cooney, Ambrose, Bird

In: Edwards, Hartley, Laverde Out: Cooney, Ambrose, Bird

I would go with McKenna before Edwards. Agree with the rest.

IN: RAZ