Round 2 Dons V Dees 2nd April 2:10pm - MCG

I reckon the only ones with any chance of coming in this week are Fantasia and Hartley. I want to see Laverde but it sounds like he needs another week or two to gain fitness.

Even though some of the older guys were rubbish, I’m not against them sticking with the same team for 2 or 3 weeks just to build familiarity. Then starting bringing in 1 or 2 new guys as they’re ready.

Watts is due for a stinker, play no one on him

I reckon the only ones with any chance of coming in this week are Fantasia and Hartley. I want to see Laverde but it sounds like he needs another week or two to gain fitness.

Even though some of the older guys were rubbish, I’m not against them sticking with the same team for 2 or 3 weeks just to build familiarity. Then starting bringing in 1 or 2 new guys as they’re ready.

Michael was the emergency who travelled right? He’s been a bit forgotten in discussions but must be close.

Club really stressing the importance of this game internally. Big crowd, big build up and what could be a great occasion. Much like Fletch’s 400th, Hird and Sheedys final game etc…

Ambrose on Watts is actually a very good idea. Will beat him in one on ones and will be able to keep up with him when he roams up the field.

Hartley has to go to Hogan

Club really stressing the importance of this game internally. Big crowd, big build up and what could be a great occasion. Much like Fletch's 400th, Hird and Sheedys final game etc...

Didn’t we lose all of those games?

Having watched the VFL...but without banging the table on these thoughts: 1. Hartley was my highest rated tall defender, no issues with him coming back in. 2. Mckenna caught my eye a bit, he is fit enough, just the rookie rules always escape me... 3. Hams is also fit enough to play a full game, but rookie rules to consider, and would you really replace a Simpkin with a rookie after one game only? 4. Eades got balls on the rebound, without having teammates to link up with, so they rarely turned into goals...I think I missed some of his touches...too soon? 4. Francis & Laverde were both actively involved early, but quietened later, so probably not ready quite fitness wise...but soon... 5. Long just made a couple of clangers that stuck with me, and again rookie rules to consider...probably not for me, but acknowledging that Saladin may have seen more of his game... 6. Edwards didn't do anything to break open the game, which is normally why you would consider him...does not deserve promotion... 7. Morgan was crunched backing into a pack early, returned, but a bit sloppy with disposal, so probably not... 8. Kommer chased, stood marks, dished out and received tackles, but didn't hit the scoreboard...so not for me... 9. Grimley...forgot him...was handy in the ruck, better than Gach IMO...negligible contested marks, but some late shots on goal from uncontested leads to an open pocket...I would consider him...

So, IMO, consider Hartley…maybe Grimley for another tall…maybe Mckenna/Hams for smalls, if willing to pull the rookie trigger…maybe Laverde or in one more week.

(*I never planned to make such a long-winded post, it just evolved)

I also saw the match and dont disagree with any of that. There are no new injuries: Intercept marking against GCS was non existent , moot point : is Hartley or Brown the better intercept marker ? I would have said Brown.

Club really stressing the importance of this game internally. Big crowd, big build up and what could be a great occasion. Much like Fletch's 400th, Hird and Sheedys final game etc...

we’re ■■■■■■.

Thatsthejoke.jpg?

The real difference between those games and this one is that this time fans know we are rubbish and won’t be expecting some fairy tail like they usually do.

It will be an interesting game for Zaka and Zach I reckon. I doubt there will be many games this season where the opposition will bother tagging anyone. But I reckon Melbourne will tag someone.
Let’s see how the selected one handles it

IN: Fantasia, Hartley
OUT: Simpkin, Cooney

B: Gwilt, Hartley, Dea
HB: Kelly, Brown, Baguley
C: Z.Merrett, Goddard, Parish
HF: Stokes, McKernan, J.Merrett
F: Langford, Daniher, Fantasia
R: Leuenberger, Crowley, Zaharakis
INT: Bird, Ambrose, Gleeson, Tippa

Ins:Hartley, Fantasia
Outs: Dea, Cooney

Fb: Ambrose Hartley Baguley
Hb: Gwilt Brown Gleeson
C: Parish Zaka Z.Merrett
Hf:Langford Daniher J.Merrett
FF: stokes Mckernan Tipp
R: leuy crowly Goddard
B: Kelly, bird, Simpkin, fantasia

In: Atkinson, Chartres, Klemke

IN: THE ROYAL

OUT: THE VIC

IN: Fantasia,
RAZ

In: Kommer

Thatsthejoke.jpg?

This. Just for the record.

When oh when will I stop seeing Hartley and reading Hurley… Totally giving me the ■■■■■

At least one if not both of Simpkin and Cooney should be dropped this week in leu of speed. It’s not because they’re old or for developments sake, it’s just that our best NAB Cup footy has been when we move the ball quickly across the ground.
We were also deplorable at being first to the contest on the weekend. Admittedly this has a lot to do with work ethic, but foot speed helps