Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

I’m not sure Metricon would be any dryer, but it wouldn’t be already damaged.
Still, might be a storm in a teacup.

Yeah but the question is how will a supposedly damaged ground cope with:

10mm rain tomorrow
60mm on Thursday
100mm on Friday
10mm on Saturday

Edit: others beat me to it

I will be at the game with a couple of mates, any blitzers around let us know for post game drinks.

Go the Dons

Brad Plain.

Bring him in!!!

3 Likes

Better check with theclubsanga, apparently

1 Like

Darren Bewick is your man. That goal he kicked after four perfect bounces on a flooded QLD ground was AMAZING.

8 Likes

I agree - but just saying…Bulldogs finished 7th last year.

Not much.

Gabba usually recovers quickly from rain - Only issue is if rains during the game.

Mutch seems to be an extractor and probably not quite what we need although if it’s a total mudfest he could be an option to replace the mutch maligned Zaharakis.

I agree Howlett would be ideal to come in for Green.

Based on the reports of the vfl praccy, howlett comes in, but i think you throw langford forward more and put howlett in the midfield. otherwise howlett is wasted.

3 Likes

I’d actually throw Zaharakis forward to keep a speedy, dangerous small in our forward setup.

Well that and I think Zaha actually has more impact forward but that’s a minority opinion. Still if it’s wet and you wanted more grunt in the midfield you could bring in Howlett and do it for one match.

6 Likes

Completely forgot zaka.

I guess i wrote him off r2 at half time at the game.

He certainly had more impact in the 2nd half up there. I think this is a good call

Danger game this one.

Must thrash the Lions to show the game against the Hawks wasn’t a one off.

1 Like

Better still just open up a rain gauge panic thread…

Bring in the Bobcat!

2 Likes

Yeah nah, I just said I thought it was likely to be wet on the ground. No panic, no sky is falling here bro, football can still be played.

1 Like

With the weather I hope we stick with Smack, add bobcat for green and maybe even another medium back for Hartley if they go smaller, Connor.

A wet footy with a lot of rain on the night we want big bodies to crash and bash and pace to out run them.

Was that the weird Monday night game in 2000?