Round 2 vs Collingwood @ Windy Hill - 1pm Sunday 23rd April

Watching bits of the game yesterday was that our lot heckling Spud White or the Filth fans?

yes

His mum.

1 Like

By the last quarter there was a chorus of “kick it to Jesie” from Bombers supporters.
Along with dog and frisbee jokes for Woof Woof Degoey, and Maynes possessions were being loudly counted in dollar terms.
The filth shut up by half time.

1 Like

Full replay

8 Likes

Howlett, Myers and Hocking so hard at the footy and the man with the ball. If anyone in the AFL team brings less intensity then that tomorrow drop em for one of these blokes. This is how we should play footy, desperate and ruthless.

Stewart far to good to be playing in the VFL. When we drafted him I heard he was a bit soft in the contest. Have seen none of that. He is a very good player.

Mutch tracking along nicely, will get a chance this year. Clarke also looks pretty good. Fridge not real clean with the ball today.

Langford is a inbetween size fwd but needs to learn to play in the midfield or else he is of little use. Could see he was trying to show some aggression. Keep in the middle in the 2nds until he starts showing the sort of aggression Howlett and co did today. Until he does that he stays there.

Gleeson a class above at VFL level. Hopefully we bring him back in soon.

Hopefully Watson, Hurley, Hepp, and Hooksy can get back to there best soon. Understand we are giving them time which is fair enough, but we have some deserving players waiting for there turn.

5 Likes

Yep. Totally agree. He looked anything but soft yesterday.

VFL Blitz is where I come to relax. People having cordial discussions and all agreeing that we all hope for the best from all the players.Then it’s shivs out and off to the hangar.

9 Likes

Shut up.

12 Likes

Where are the mods?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

I noticed this very one sided article, and I was a little annoyed. It also mentioned how De Goey was “a cut above” the other players. No doubt, thats because the rest of the Collingwood players were so shate. Funnily enough de Goey was not listed in Collingwoods best.

1 Like

farkin modlover

De Goey did nothing. For a kid of his talent and into year 3 or 4 he should tear up VFL, week in week out.

On my viewing it seemed Langford was following him around for a fair part of the match - anyone else notice this? Or did they just end up that way at a few stoppages?

Brent Diamond does the VFL in the Age. Obviously he goes to the Collingwood match, writes 12 paragraphs out of 14 on that game, and reads the scores on the other. Seems both papers do the same thing. That H/S article was disgraceful. Belonged on a Collingwood website, not a major paper.

That great mayne fumble is at 1hr 38 on YouTube if someone would oblige me with a giff.

Courtesy @Jamac

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/2X/4/4eee5145e9f5c767ac2bc80bb6957ce9bdd652a6.gif

14 Likes

Are the stats on the VFL website correct in saying that Draper had 0 kicks and 1 ineffective handball all day??

Crashed a huge pack then landed on a collingwood defender that was basically a non-issue for the rest of the game.

I could watch that for hours. Impressive.

So funny they paid so much for him to be sitting in 2’s, and Wells out injured up until this week and could break down again anytime.

Oh and Lynden Dunn.

They needed key forward support for Moore. Whether that was a class defender and moving Reid fwd or finding another kpf to bring into club after pushing cloke out. They didn’t do either.