Round 2 vs Collingwood @ Windy Hill - 1pm Sunday 23rd April

From T-Bells performance it seems to be Loonburgers spot to win now. Competition for places is very nice.

From a sheer anger and intensity pov that vfl team could teach the 1ā€™s a thing or two. They genuinely hate that Collingwood team and want to hurt them. Great to watch. And Peters looks a right little prick of a forward, wsphu

2 Likes

Collingwood AFL have a poor forward and backline and a strong midfield, it was mirrored in their VFL performance yesterday. they won plenty of clearances, got plenty of I50s, but basically hit a brick wall when they tried to get within range of goals and Mayne, who was imported to strengthen the AFL side forward line just looked inept at VFL level . Down at the other end Dunn was imported to strengthen the AFL backline and failed to marshall a defence that leaked like a sieve and was poor by VFL standards.

Collingwoods depth is poor, their defensive structures very average and they lacked any kind of dominant tall in their forward line.

They just made us look very good. Lets see how we go next week.

1 Like

If we can find a good mix this year then anything is possible. Playing and winning a final would be massive for us and the club. Worth pursuing this year IMO.

in saying that, itā€™s also a development year which to all but a few is pretty clear.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone writing up match reports. Sounds like we have some serious selection pressure building.

I wouldnā€™t describe The Eel as scrawny myself.

4 Likes

No way is mutch a scrawny kid. When I saw him a few weeks ago I was suprised by the size of him in person for a first year player, height wise and physical wise. He will end up in the shape of a Fyfe/Martin mould. I really like him, and canā€™t wait to see him in the seniors

10 Likes

With mutch watch him before bounces and throw Ins. He has a look around and sees where everyone is then gets in the right position to get the ball.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t watched the footage from this match yet, but realy pleasing to hear Kobe Mutch caught the eye again - was super impressed with him watching live against Sandy. I also agree he has a really nice frame to develop physically and his outside game is more advanced than has been reported. Great signs for a critical ā€˜typeā€™ for our list demogrphics.

A sneaky pic I took of The Eel from inside the hangar at a VFL practice match a few weeks back.
I reckon heā€™s a good size/shape for a first year kid.

1 Like

Reboot getting his perve onā€¦

10 Likes

Out: FRANG
In: Mutch

(Blitz bandwagon selection committee)

5 Likes

Sadly, no crowd figure given in the EFC report. It may have been the second biggest EFC game there since the seniors left (only behind the post-Freo win in early 2013).

1 Like

Iā€™ll defer to you, youā€™ve seen him more in person but he looks like heā€™s still a way off filling out yet to me.

Iā€™ll stand by the Johnstone comparo, both had that knack of looking shabby as ā– ā– ā– ā–  but actually being really efficient.

2 Likes

Youre right in a way, but hes not scrawny and he could be a bit of a unit in the future. not like josh kennedy big but big enough that he shouldnā€™t get bodied off the ball too much.

2 Likes

Seriously canā€™t take him anywhere :blush:

5 Likes

True that

Anywhereā€¦except out!

There is an article in the hun today about how some of the pies players went - white, mayne, daicos, de goey. Beyond mentioning the result there is no discussion of essendon players at all. Hun re casting itself as collingwood fan service

2 Likes

The media would love nothing more than eddie to be proven wrong and admit bucks is the wrong man.