Round 20 vs Nth Ballarat @ Eureka Stadium - 2:30pm Saturday 20th August

Polkinghorne chips to Ashby who marks 70m out, who receives a 50m, and he kicks the goal from 12m out. His first.

100-34

Dobson around the corner to SMACK, set shot from 50m doesn’t make the distance.

Go Bombers !

Good job Bombers.

Now win next week and let’s have a good finals campaign.

It’s OVAH. 100-34.

Dobson Boyce 4, Smack 3 goals (all in the first half).

Edwards keeps his faint career hopes alive with a great game, Heppell also very good. Finals basically assured now.

It's OVAH. 100-34.

DobsonBoyse 4, Smack 3 goals (all in the first half).

Edwards keeps his faint career hopes alive with a great game, Heppell also very good. Finals basically assured now.

EFA

Pretty remarkable how well the reserves are going given how many good players they lost after last year.

Bring on finals.

Why have SHAUNYE and SMACK left their runs so late? Would love one of them to come on.

Quality of opposition?

Bewdy.

Why have SHAUNYE and SMACK left their runs so late? Would love one of them to come on.

Quality of opposition?

Smack kicked 4 last week against Williamstown. They were top of the ladder.

Holmes kicked five behinds: four were scores, and one was North Ballarat’s.

I can confirm* Radio 3DJR will return in two weeks for the Bomber’s swathe of destruction through the VFL finals.

• I can’t actually confirm that. Yet.

A couple of fellas from Melb and me and my mate had a mini Boyce band wagon going.
■■■■ he can play!!

Essendon is tantalisingly close to securing their finals berth following a 66-point win over North Ballarat at Eureka Stadium today.

The Bombers kicked the opening five goals of the match and then did what they had to do, winning 15.10 (100) to the Roosters 3.16 (34).

The Bombers were helped by North Ballarat’s inaccuracy, but were never challenged on the scoreboard leading by 45 points at half time.

Shaun Edwards highlighted his class and speed with a strong performance that included 26 disposals and the goal of the day during the final term.

Nash Holmes was instrumental in the win, relishing the blustery conditions and picking up 25 touches but missed opportunities in front of goal kicking four behinds.

Aaron Heppell and Ben Dobson’s change to the midfield continued with 24 and 23 touches respectively with James Polkinghorne helping himself to 22.

Shaun McKernan’s form continued with three goals, while Alex Boyse provided a key target all day and finished with four majors goals.

In other results, Collingwood all but ended Box Hill’s finals hopes on Saturday while Essendon’s place in the finals will be assured if Sandringham can beat Richmond on Sunday.

More to come.

Essendon VFL ✔ @EssendonVFL Will never say this again! But thanks to @CollingwoodFC who took care of @BoxHillHawks today! Only @RichmondVFL can catch us now! #PJVFL

Box hill missing finals will hurt hawks afl finals aspirations too which is good.

It's OVAH. 100-34.

Dobson Boyce 4, Smack 3 goals (all in the first half).

How come we are playing heppell on the bAll now? Neccessity?. Thought we would still be hiding him in the back pocket.

With the return of our players next year the VFL team is going to be awesome.

Boys watching on

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqRz1ROUMAAoQAs.jpg

Love the old Essendon duck in the pic lighting up a ■■■ at the footy.

Yep . Dont smoke. It will stunt your growth.

Can I start unpacking my EFC jarmies ready to enlist for the finals?

Sporting Pulse Report:

North Ballarat 0.5 1.9 2.12 3.16 (34)
Essendon 6.4 9.6 10.9 15.10 (100)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: Keeble 2 Cassidy
Essendon: Boyse 4 McKERNAN 3 Michael 2 Polkinghorne Kommer Redman Wallis Ashby Edwards

BEST:
North Ballarat: Kiel Webster Keeble Austin Tate Schache
Essendon: Heppell Edwards Holmes Boyse Kommer Polkinghorne