Round 21 - Essendon vs St Kilda @ Etihad (10/8 7:50pm) - anticipation and speculation

How are the club going to approach this week against the Saints?

Yes, finals will still be labelled a “possibility” but we all (well most of us!) know better. And personally after making it last year (and inflating opinions heading into 2018 as a result), I don’t think many of us could handle another Week One capitulation against the likes of GWS, Melbourne, Collingwood, Port or even Sydney… again!

All clubs play for finals but potentially missing out this year could benefit us more in the long run. An ‘easier’ draw, less expectations, less media spotlight - see Melbourne this year.

The Saints were dismal against the depleted Bulldogs (8.6 to 0.5 in the 3rd Quarter) and the pressure is again well and truly on their coach. Will we rock up on Friday night with a complacent attitude now that finals are pretty much out of the question and playing a ‘lesser’ opponent or will we bring the sort of performance that saw us tear apart Sydney on our last Friday night game? We also had a very, very good
win (61 points) against this same opponent last year… when they were flying!

Predictions? Changes?

2 Likes

No changes for mine.

3 Likes

What, we play again??? Our season is dead.

2 Likes

Franga’s 21st birthday.

1 Like

play the kids

1 Like

Just smash these kents please

4 Likes

I knew it wouldn’t take long for some ■■■■■■■■ to say this

5 goal win coming up which everyone will consider unconvincing.

4 Likes

Meh

If we are good as every one says we are this will be a 10 goal win Saints are garbage.

1 Like

I reckon (not wanting to be a gloomier) that we could have a down week after so many up weeks and get caught napping. Hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

You will watch Hooker beating his chest like an ape and you will like it.

6 Likes

You mentioned the Ape word RACIST!

2 Likes

Meh, season over. Just hope we can win 2 of our last 3 games.

I didn’t say everyone would be wrong.

Probably an uninspiring 3 goal win as per usual with Myers getting some good midfield time.

1 Like

Membrey to kick 6 straight

4 Likes

Spud Hickey to have a day out vs Bellchambers

Hickey done a hammy i think

I am legitimately going to see Mission Impossible Friday night.

3 Likes