Round 21 Non-Essington Games

Eventually? outworked.
Dogs were closer than the scoreboard showed but kicked a lot of points. Then lost their nerve.

As much as people criticise Worsfold for not making moves, which is sometimes justified, I have seen quite a few games this year where one team loses their shape/plan to chase quick scores, the other team doesn’t, and it loses them the game.

EDIT:Which is to say, they put a few weeks work into the plan/matchups for a particular match, and often that results in a better plan than one made on the fly.

2 Likes

Wow how ■■■■■■■ disgusting is the commentators defending Greene

could hve protected himself with a bent knee and his thigh and turning the body

Clear as ■■■■■■■ day he went for the kick

this league is ■■■■■■.

1 Like

Dogs eternal weakness: lack of good talls…hence the overspend on Boyd…and in Q2 they couldn’t find a marking tall in a congested forward 50…and throughout the game, the first year defender in Lewis Young finally got exposed.

Always thought you could do that in a marking situation, but in that case it’s handball and he’s effectively just kicked a gut in the head.

Why is a marking situation different to a not marking situation?

To preserve speccies

Greene wasn’t looking at him, it was a natural reaction to protect his space. Should be okay but you never know.

Had that been a mark it wouldn’t have been a speccie.

He’s allowed to protect his space but he clearly kicked out dangerously. It shouldn’t matter if it’s a marking contest or not he knew the player was there it’s going to get him suspended

1 Like

As said - to preserve speccies. You can’t put a finger on someone’s back though, if they are a forward and you are defending. If you are a forward however, you can pick a defender up and spin them around before taking a mark. Makes perfect sense to me.

No one pays to watch a defender. Even good looking ones like A Rance.

That wouldn’t have been a speccie though. He jumped straight up from the ground and put his foot out. He was protecting space and himself. Why is he allowed to do that to take a mark but not to grab a loose ball?

Go Tigers.

Yes, up the tigs

Yep. Screw Geelong and anyone who supports them.

Go Geelong! So -sue- screw me.

Yep ■■■■ Geelong. They can still miss if they ■■■■ it up right?

Team diggers vs the purple pelicans is about as appealing as being stabbed in the eye.

Stabbed in the eye with what?

I don’t know who 3/4s of this freo team are.