Round 21 vs Fark Northern @ Windy Hill - 11am Saturday 27th August - note revised time!

Listened to Morgan failing makes me wonder why we drafted him

I reckon Eades is more of a concern. He’s been very quiet all year.
At least Morgan had the excuse of being injured.

We're playing Geelong (5th) in the elimination final next week
We could actually be playing any of Footscray, Port Melbourne, Sandringham or Geelong FWIW. The games today will make up the final standings.

M8, we’re playing Geelong.

It’s waaaay too early to be writing off Morgan. (assuming that’s what this garbled mess means)

$4 cans of beer and a ciggie behind the goals, gotta be happy with that.

I reckon Eades is more of a concern. He’s been very quiet all year.
At least Morgan had the excuse of being injured.

Remember that Eades was flying in the pre-season. Might be more of an off-field thing with him than onfield.

No inside knowledge though.

Eades,Nyuon,Morgan and Wallis are struggling to reach VFL standard -They need to improve in 2017.

Eades,Nyuon,Morgan and Wallis are struggling to reach VFL standard -They need to improve in 2017.

?? Wallis has impressed me every time I’ve seen him.

I am content with my post - Long struggled at VFL level in 2015 but stepped up in 2016 - It can be done.

Morgan will be fine as long as he stays away from negan and lucille

I am content with my post - Long struggled at VFL level in 2015 but stepped up in 2016 - It can be done.

It’s a completely un-nuanced post.

Long clearly showed AFL qualities last year at times, all the while only making stop start contributions at VFL level.

VFL watchers have consistently discussed what Wallis does well, and what he needs to work on. The things he does well are plenty beyond “vfl standard”, the things he needs to work on, he needs to work on.

To a lesser extent it’s the same for Eades, and an even lesser extent for Nyuon.

Given they were all late picks a year ago, it’s hardly surprising that they have things to work on. To run with “they are struggling to reach VFL standard” with no discussion of the particulars, or areas they are both good and bad at is a completely unnecessary line to take.

If you went with “Wallis had shown some quality in winning his own ball, but needs to work on hurting the opposition when he gets the ball in space” or “eades is dangerous when he gets it, but needs to be far more involved” or etc etc

Then we’d have something to talk about, and you’d have explained the basis for your long term concerns.

Does he VFL? Maybe he doesn’t have enough knowledge to go into detail?

It’s a completely un-nuanced post.

Long clearly showed AFL qualities last year at times, all the while only making stop start contributions at VFL level.

VFL watchers have consistently discussed what Wallis does well, and what he needs to work on. The things he does well are plenty beyond “vfl standard”, the things he needs to work on, he needs to work on.

To a lesser extent it’s the same for Eades, and an even lesser extent for Nyuon.

Given they were all late picks a year ago, it’s hardly surprising that they have things to work on. To run with “they are struggling to reach VFL standard” with no discussion of the particulars, or areas they are both good and bad at is a completely unnecessary line to take.

If you went with “Wallis had shown some quality in winning his own ball, but needs to work on hurting the opposition when he gets the ball in space” or “eades is dangerous when he gets it, but needs to be far more involved” or etc etc

Then we’d have something to talk about, and you’d have explained the basis for your long term concerns.

One doesn’t need a lengthy dissertation with every post.My eyes show me that the four players are struggling at VFL level - Morgan and Wallis have suffered injury concerns, Eades has off-field issues, and of course Nyuon is a raw developing ruckman - Long is a good example - Long was OK at VFL level in 2015 but importantly showed some AFL attributes - Long’s VFL form in 2016 was a big step forward in 2016 and his three AFL games have been solid - So this shows players can markedly improve from year one to year two.

Wallis did more in his first year than Long did.

Excellent - So as I posted there is still hope for the players - As some players make a big improvement from year 1 to year 2.

you can’t delist wallis anyway, you need more than joe to fly the seedy hair flag.