Round 21 vs Fark Northern @ Windy Hill - 11am Saturday 27th August - note revised time!

Thanks everyone.

Good win.

Hope it can carry over to the seniors.

Thnks all! Very much appreciated!!

How did Edwards go?

How did Edwards go?
Kicked three goals, didn't hear him called too much though.

Summary of game from VFL radio call

Heppell… Holmes… Heppell… Hams… Goal… Holmes… Heppell… Hams… Hams… Holmes… Goal…

Etc.

Draft strategy. After best available, and you’ve picked for list structure, just pick blokes whose surnames start with H.

Aaron Heppell 34 possessions + 1 goal
Hams 29 possessions + 3 goals (plus a few misses)
Edwards 25 possessions + 3 goals
Holmes 27 possessions + 3 goals

We’re playing Geelong (5th) in the elimination final next week

Edwards 25 possessions + 3 goals
The quiet achiever!

holmes has to get to our list

gonna go fkg mental if he ends up at dogs,

How did Edwards go?

good, specially the last quarter.

What a great day.

Really, really hope we draft Heppell. Looks like an absolute ripping player!

I saw the first 3 quarters before heading off to the seniors.
To that point, I thought Hams was very good and would have been better had he kicked to his usual standard.
I thought Edwards was just about best for us, and I see someone above said he was very good in the last. If you had never seen any of them play before and you had to go just on today, Edwards would have been the one you thought most likely to succeed at AFL level. Today he was efficient, made good choices and kicked it beautifully.
Hepp A is a fascinating player. I watched him pretty closely. Firstly, he is playing onball now rather than back. And he just has the knack of getting it in traffic. For that reason, he would look to be suited to onball contested situations. He doesn’t do anything particularly well ie he isn’t that quick, he is just an ok kick, and he is fairly small. But somehow he just keeps getting it. He is a bit like Hams actually.
Redman didn’t do much in the first half, and as in an earlier game I saw (Frankston I think), he got into the game when he played up the ground more. His skills look ok but he isn’t really strong enough in the contest yet.
Now for the not so good.
Eades is very very ordinary IMO. He struggles to get to the right spots, and his game awareness doesn’t look very good (he got it handballed to him today when he was jogging away with his back to the ball). But worst of all, he can’t pick it up cleanly. Not a good thing for a small quick player. It is early for him, but what I see so far is not good.
Morgan not real good either. Injury and confidence might be limiting him, but, while he is quick, he failed to be first to open balls, or to win possession in a man on man in open play. Let’s hope he is better with a bit more fitness and a pre season.
And Gach really shows almost nothing so far.
Holmes is very workmanlike and kicked 2 good goals early. But again, I don’t see much to suggest he could succeed at AFL level.
Hams should definitely be retained IMO. He is still developing and seems to have added a more attacking element to his in and under game.
Francis hardly got a touch, but I’ve already seen enough. Not judging him on today.

We wore them down today with pressure and tackling. But they (Nth farkers) looked good when they spread and ran, which they tried to do non stop. We were better at wining the contested ball, and in close. We seem to lack a bit of run and polish.
Not sure what Geelong are like, but it could be hard work to win that one.

Won’t we play Port or Footscray if Geelong lose tomorrow?

Can anyone confirm the “only 12 AFL senior players allowed” rule is gone?

Not mentioned at http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-118-0-0-0&sID=277333

Might also need to check if any of the players on the AFL list played >12 AFL games, thus cancelling their 6+ VFL games.

I think it is a staggering achievement to qualify for VFL finals when you consider what we were up against this year.

Depth.Is.Real.

I saw the first 3 quarters before heading off to the seniors. To that point, I thought Hams was very good and would have been better had he kicked to his usual standard. I thought Edwards was just about best for us, and I see someone above said he was very good in the last. If you had never seen any of them play before and you had to go just on today, Edwards would have been the one you thought most likely to succeed at AFL level. Today he was efficient, made good choices and kicked it beautifully. Hepp A is a fascinating player. I watched him pretty closely. Firstly, he is playing onball now rather than back. And he just has the knack of getting it in traffic. For that reason, he would look to be suited to onball contested situations. He doesn't do anything particularly well ie he isn't that quick, he is just an ok kick, and he is fairly small. But somehow he just keeps getting it. He is a bit like Hams actually. Redman didn't do much in the first half, and as in an earlier game I saw (Frankston I think), he got into the game when he played up the ground more. His skills look ok but he isn't really strong enough in the contest yet. Now for the not so good. Eades is very very ordinary IMO. He struggles to get to the right spots, and his game awareness doesn't look very good (he got it handballed to him today when he was jogging away with his back to the ball). But worst of all, he can't pick it up cleanly. Not a good thing for a small quick player. It is early for him, but what I see so far is not good. Morgan not real good either. Injury and confidence might be limiting him, but, while he is quick, he failed to be first to open balls, or to win possession in a man on man in open play. Let's hope he is better with a bit more fitness and a pre season. And Gach really shows almost nothing so far. Holmes is very workmanlike and kicked 2 good goals early. But again, I don't see much to suggest he could succeed at AFL level. Hams should definitely be retained IMO. He is still developing and seems to have added a more attacking element to his in and under game. Francis hardly got a touch, but I've already seen enough. Not judging him on today.

We wore them down today with pressure and tackling. But they (Nth farkers) looked good when they spread and ran, which they tried to do non stop. We were better at wining the contested ball, and in close. We seem to lack a bit of run and polish.
Not sure what Geelong are like, but it could be hard work to win that one.

Thanks for the post

Can anyone confirm the "only 12 AFL senior players allowed" rule is gone?

Not mentioned at http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-118-0-0-0&sID=277333

Might also need to check if any of the players on the AFL list played >12 AFL games, thus cancelling their 6+ VFL games.

Can confirm - was ditched about 5 years ago.

McKenna just qualifies - has 12 AFL games, everybody else has less than that, so no issues.

We're playing Geelong (5th) in the elimination final next week
We could actually be playing any of Footscray, Port Melbourne, Sandringham or Geelong FWIW. The games today will make up the final standings.

Listened to Morgan failing makes me wonder why we drafted him