Round 22: Essendon vs Gold Coast: Changes, Discussion and Match-Ups

Looks like we have a lot of sore boys in Licha, Chappy and BJ but hopefully with good recovery sessions, they’ll pull through.

In: Carlisle

Out: Melksham (omitted)

B: Baguley Hurley Steinberg

HB: Dempsey Hooker Hibberd

C: Stanton Watson Zaharakis

HF: Goddard Carlisle Chapman

FF: Winderlich Daniher Ambrose

RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I: Colyer Myers Zerrett SUB:Howlett

Who does Hocking tag: Prestia or O’Meara?

Apparently GCS had major injuries too in Dixon and Stanley.

Must win game to ensure 7th spot and avoid heading interstate.

Give Hocking a hard earned rest, Melk can tag and we bring in Edwards for a run.

In : Carslisle, Gleeson (sub)

out: Melksham Goddard (rest before finals)

Might sound arrogant, but I think BJ needs a mental and physical rest just for a week.

He's shouldered the load whilst Jobe's been out/been our player speaker regarding ASADA sh#t, and has gone pretty

hard since the day he walked in as a Don.

Ix week, just to freshen up.

Get Gleeson in for a qtr to get the tempo back, Zerrett full game.

BJ back for the blues, and competition for spots will ensure everyone is on their game.

They showed a clip of carlisle on gameday today hobbling with crutches. Be suprised if he got up

Not necessarily.

Adelaide play North and the Saints. Richmond play Saints and Sydney. Adelaide are a chance to win both and Richmond has won in Perth and Adelaide and are on a winning momentum. They could get Sydney especially if they are in resting mode.

If that happens we are not guaranteed with just one win. The scum in the last round is going to be a hard game, considering the form they are in.

Also finishing 8th is not the best outcome when you have to play Port up in Adelaide.

They showed a clip of carlisle on gameday today hobbling with crutches. Be suprised if he got up

Did say in that interview he reckons he will be right for this week though so fingers crossed.

Melksham, BJ (injured) out for Bellchambers & Gleeson. Bellchambers to give us a target up forward and allow Ryder to spend time there and Gleeson to break the lines which we really really need.  Like the idea of him as a sub.

Howlett, Stants, Myers, Melksham, Hocking aren't known for their line breaking speed. Our best overlap player was Hepp when he went to HB.  Carlisle on crutches this morning so would have to be doubtful... but with Lower backs they can come good very quickly. 

I’d be taking a punt and resting a few.

Goddard, Ryder and Chappy.

Bring in TBell, Carlisle and Jerrett.

Maybe drop Melk as well and being in Gleeson or Ashby as sub.

That footage was taken the day before the Bulldogs game so nothing to worry about.

Yep, and would someone use crutches when having suffered a back spasm?

edwards, jetta , bellchambers for goddard (rest) howlett melksham

Chappy(sub)

Doubt Carlisle gets up. Locks has cramped in the last quarter the last two weeks. He must be rested if he hasn’t already tweaked something. Ryder barely got up for this week, hurls and bj played sore.

I reckon play Ryder fwd this week and bring in tbell. Rest licha and one of bj or chappy.

In: tbell Gleeson

Out: licha, bj

Bags hurls stein

Demps hooker pig

Stanton jobe zaha

Tbell hepp hocking

Colyer JD zerret

Ambrose Ryder chappy

Gleeson Myers howlett - Melk

Doubt Carlisle gets up. Locks has cramped in the last quarter the last two weeks. He must be rested if he hasn't already tweaked something. Ryder barely got up for this week, hurls and bj played sore.
I reckon play Ryder fwd this week and bring in tbell. Rest licha and one of bj or chappy.
In: tbell Gleeson
Out: licha, bj
Bags hurls stein
Demps hooker pig
Stanton jobe zaha
Tbell hepp hocking
Colyer JD zerret
Ambrose Ryder chappy
Gleeson Myers howlett - Melk

How has Gleeson been playing in the 2s? if well get him inn!

Get Gleeson in there

Dempsey, Colyer, Gleeson firing in one team would be amazing to watch.

Dunno, but I’d like to see him back. I also think jetta is also worth one more go on a wing. Just have a funny feeling something could happen for him in September. Would sneak under the radar, work hard between the arcs, something might happen for him

That footage was taken the day before the Bulldogs game so nothing to worry about.
Journalist Code of Ethics, rule #9
“Present pictures and sound which are true and accurate. Any manipulation likely to mislead should be disclosed.”

My only request is that the coaches actually put some thought into who wears the green jacket. Our success strike rate on the tactics around the green jacket would have to be less than 50%. Let's NOT put our best kickers and decision makers into the sub position. This is one area that Bomber is ordinary in.

I’m of the view that finals are still well and truly on the line, and we should be going all out. I don’t think anyone should be rested if they get through the week and put their hand up and say they’re ok to play. We can’t take either of these last two games lightly.

GLEESON!

Not necessarily.
Adelaide play North and the Saints. Richmond play Saints and Sydney. Adelaide are a chance to win both and Richmond has won in Perth and Adelaide and are on a winning momentum. They could get Sydney especially if they are in resting mode.
If that happens we are not guaranteed with just one win. The scum in the last round is going to be a hard game, considering the form they are in.
Also finishing 8th is not the best outcome when you have to play Port up in Adelaide.

THIS! No more resting until our season is finished.

We win our next 2 games and most likely we're playing an Elimination Final at the MCG vs North Melbourne.

Lose either of our next 2 and we could miss finals all together or then have to play Port Adelaide away. Plenty of time for rest and recover when your season is over.

I will however point out the difference between giving someone a rest for a week to manage their workload to prevent injury and resting for a week to overcome an injury that prevents them from competing properly. If your injury stops you from competing at 100%, you don't play.