Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

Weather should be good for Friday night. Dry. Mild. Stiff NWly and partial cloud cover so shouldn’t be too dewy.

SEN reporting that Prestia also wont play on Friday night as well with a hamstring.

1 Like

Thanks Sandra. :wink:
That’s the 3rd time it’s been mentioned.

2 Likes

There will be stiff and dewy conditions come our glorious victory.

1 Like

Omen alert: last time we played a Friday night at the G was also against them, late in 2014 when Richmond were on an impossible March to the finals and they somehow beat us.

Yep,comes down in alot of ways to get that kick right.

ehhhhh

my sources are saying that prestia won’t play.

you read it here fourth.

13 Likes

We are going to win & you will all love it

Even DNP

Changes vs last matchup
EFC
In: Francis, Brown, Parish, The Langford, Colyer, McNeice
Out: McKernan, Stewart, laverde, Ridley, Fantasia
Plus Zaharakis given he was out in first qtr.
Assuming Guelfi and Dea also come in.

Tigers
In: Houli, Castagna, Rioli
Out:
Not sure who goes out, but they look stronger than our previous match (Prestia didnt play).

2 Likes

IMG_2704

2 Likes

ah ha! I got a podium finish and you didn’t!

Prestia won’t be risked

Another key out

13 Likes

Your freaking me out Bltn.

Sorry :neutral_face:

That’s all I see whenever Anabelle posts !

1 Like

They don’t give a ■■■■ about giving away free kicks in their opposing backline. They always hold up the play and have their players forward of the ball, hence the free kick isn’t really a free kick if the opposition can’t kick it to anyone.

They hardly have a free kick against in the opposing teams forward line. That’s the stat you should look at!

1 Like

Well you ran with ideas about what you thought i meant or believed , i just ran with it.

You or anyone can find whatever you guys want to in our season.

I merely pointed out where making excuses for everything under the sun actually gets you, and where a drilled , dedicated hard working work ethic, even in a practice match, can lead.

We are 3 games off top 4.
But we were in a similar position in 08.
Nothing is guaranteed beyond this season yet so many will be , oh but we are building for next year.

Just pointing out people use the same excuses at both ends of the year to justify their opinions that success is only just around the corner cos you know , 11 weeks of good form after your season was shot , proves something way beyond making and winning finals.

But hey in 6 odd weeks when the premiers are standing up getting there medals , essendon supporters can sit there and appreciate " oh but for 11 weeks we were in just as good , if not better form than them" like it will actually mean something.

I think if we beat richmond this week at the MCG and miss finals/get knocked out whatever.
That we were the last side to beat Richmond in 2018. And a win against them at full strength would give us some confidence for next year.

Anyway. It may not be fait compli for the Tigers, they look best team by far and little injuries and umpires dont affect them, but all of that can change in a few weeks