Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

just kick it long to

STRINGAARRRR

they’ll have to put rance on him and jakey will make him cry

1 Like

Plan A
Win the stoppage and lower eyes going forward and hit target. If not clear target go to boundary and lock ball in. We need to not hand the ball back to their intercept defender

Plan B
Pressure opposition into turnover.
Run the lines from half back through corridor
Pagans paddock
Kick ball for Colyer / Tippa to run on to.

Plan C
Send Hooker forward and use him as main target inside 50 if plan A not working.

Plan D
Send Francis forward and Stringer in middle.

Matchups
Myers -Dusty he will need plenty of support
When Myers resting Stringer
Hooker - Rance
Riewoldt - Hurley
Cotchin - Zaharakis
Heppell - Grigg
Merrett - Prestia
Smith - Edwards if midfield
Caddy - Dea/Francis
Rioli - McKenna / McNeice
Houli - Colyer/Tippa expose him for pace
Stringer - Grimes
Brown - Astbury

Need our guns to play well
But would be handy for our kids Langford/Parish/McGrath/Francis/ Guelfi to have good games or a unexpected hero like Brown / Colyer / Guelfi / Baguley to kick a bag
Take pressure off Tippa & Stringer

We have too many light small bodies to match it with the Tigers
They are a team of hard hitting beasts

Look what they did to Zaharakis and Baguley last time

This is the closest we’ll get to a final for another 12 months, good experience.

5 Likes

That’s how I felt watching them against us last time - & they can keep it up for 4 quarters. Hopefully we’ll be quick & our skill level up to dodge a bit of the hard bodied contact.

From some of these posts you could mistakenly believe that some Blitzers like Richmond.
Where did all the Blitzers go that want to kick Richmond in the ■■■, then in the ■■■■ to have some of those clowns atleast limping physically into the finals?

1 Like

That’s funny. All Richmond should get credit for s capitalising off umpires poor decisions and other teams mistakes during play.

Capitalising on poor umpiring? You mean the side with the worst free kick differential over the last 18mths by a ■■■■■■■ mile?

And given Richmond’s entire game plan is predicated on forcing their opponents to make mistakes and then capitalising on them, then I guess giving them credit for that is not so unreasonable.

3 Likes

Prestia possible hammy according to SEN

yeah that was floating around yesterday on social media.

Yep. He won’t play. Was posted on the EFC supporters group last night. Guy who posted it also reported previously on McGrath, Parish, Ambrose and Fantasia being out well before anything had been announced so I trust his mail.

lose to port the week after.

No this is!

Many people have pointed out many times it’s not the stats per se, it’s where you get the frees, it’s the frees not paid, and what momentum can be killed by an eight point maggot-caused turnaround. For example:

Don’t you remember the absolutely spurious free to Dusty in the goal square?

Don’t you remember the epic dive by Rance that won him free? (And remember when one of our players was the only player ever reported for a much less dive?)

Just some of the poor umpiring that I anticipate will be repeated in this game.

1 Like

Richmond’s main plan would be to stop us doing that.
I am expecting them to force us around the perimeter, and then we attempt to cut back inside around hbf once the field is drawn away.

Cool story. We are 100% gonna get the better of the umpiring this week.

Cool.

At least that prediction is testable.

1 Like

They will make mistakes and they will be poor, as they are every week in every game. But we’re gonna be on the better end of it.

Looking at Cats game 2 weeks ago and the stats make for interesting reading. Cats:

• +67 possessions
  • +30 contested possessions
  • +52 uncontested possessions

Tigers

• +8 marks
  • +8 uncontested mark
  • +19 tackles
  • +9 tackles i50
  • +22 i50’s

Cats were in the game because they possessed the ball but Richmond’s pressure ultimately dragged them over the line.

In contrast, when Essendon played Richmond the stats were mostly the same except for …

• +16 shots on goal by Richmond
  • +6 mark i50
  • Essendon, +13 clangers

Essendon need to make more of their i50’s, apply more pressure to their midfield and reduce the clanger differential.

2 Likes

Richmond were very ineffeicient inside 50 against the Cats. They had a mountain of ball I50 but weren’t able to convert. In part due to the conditions and not quite being clean enough in congestion and in part due to Geelongs excellent dour defensive work.
Against us however they were ruthlessly efficient. Dreamtime was probably their best game for the season in fact. Their pressure was immense and they made us pay in the scoreboard every time. We matched them physically and in the contest but were unable to handle their pressure coming it of defence and tunred it over, that was ultimately where the game was won and lost. In theory, cleaning up that one area could see a huge change in our fortunes provided we bring the same level of performance in the key contested measurements. But theory and putting it into practice are entirely different things.

1 Like