Round 3 - seasons over for loser

Finally, Blitz with some useful information!

Quite strangely we’ve been better at scoring from stoppage this season and can’t score from turnover, usually it’s the reverse. But last week we forced 73 turnovers, 35 of them in the front half… for a large chunk of the game our press was working well and were creating opportunities only to not capitalize and equally got torched the other way every time we stuffed up… if I’m gonna clutch at straws with hope for a result, those numbers actually show that if we can just use the ball that bit better in transition we’re a chance. If…

1 Like

You can either book your holidays in September after this game or wait.

It’s not season over tomorrow night. If we are 0-3, really I’d say that is probably only ‘-1.5’ off par. The Giants in Syd was always a 50:50 IMO. Sure how we played was woeful but it was 4 points missed, not 5 or 6.

The fortnight following are NOT NEGOTIABLE - Lions and Roos. Hooker back next week by the sounds - he makes us a 3 goal better side (either saving them or kicking them).

Lions at the G is a bonus - they have a poor record there, but far better record (esp against us) at Marvel. Roos are travelling as well as us, but because they have 12 supporters the media don’t talk about them. If we’re 2-3 at Anzac Day, we’re still in it. The Pies look good, but maybe that is the ‘event’ we finally get the season back on track.

Just hope we make a contest of it and really finish the last quarter with some confidence.

Lol at the optimism. If we lose tomorrow night, its curtains. I certainly hope this kind of mentality isn’t going through the club otherwise we may as well fold

It’s all or nothing tomorrow night

4 Likes

I want to lose just to watch the anarchy unfold. I want us to play so ■■■■■■■ badly that serious questions get asked, both of the coach and players.

No…I want to win, and we can win, because Melb are playing like b*lls.

I don’t know if you’re serious or just taking the pisss.

I want the coach gone as much as anyone, but what kind of true supporter wants his team to fail?

I would rather eat humble pie and be told I was wrong if it meant we started playing good footy and went deep into the finals.

2 Likes

Yeah id prefer the team gets their ■■■■ together and wins the flag personally. But hey im wierd like that

6 Likes

But then you don’t get to signal how outraged you are.

I’m trying to work out which letter I have to put in for the “ * “. Is any of these: a, e, i, o, u ? I just hope it’s not the last one.

2 Likes

Serious. Nothing will change unless we play exceptionally poorly.

So playing exceptionally poorly is the best way to success?

Now I have heard it all :rofl:

Yeah im pretty sure thats Melbourne 2009s plan to success

2 Likes

You watch Geelong last night and the previous 2 games and just think geez they don’t mess about.

They identify their weaknesses off season (mainly pace in the forward half), plan how to fix it and execute what they want to achieve with minimal fuss.

Our season ended 2 weeks earlier than theirs last year and they come out firing whilst we scratch our heads for 6 months

2 Likes

Come seasons end, there will again be a logjam around 6-12 on the ladder and those saying 0&3 is not the end of the season are ignoring our diabolical percentage. It depends on how much we lose by tonight and how much longer the lag in form goes on, and how many sides we lose to who are “notionally” below us ( on paper ) eg. StKilda, Carlton, GCS.

Percentages are always diabolical after a really bad first game. They balance out a lot over the season. We could lose tonight by 40 points and our percentage would still go up. And if you sneak into the finals on percentage you don’t really deserve to be there anyway. There’s enough doom and gloom in the win loss column without worrying about percentage.

2 Likes

I think this thread is a week late.

Why?

Strikes me as more of a soy cap.

3 Likes