Round 4: F@#k Freo

Cannardly wait. While they will still be smarting from the humiliation of last Friday night, they will have doubts as well. No doubt we are catching them at an opportune time with some of their injuries, but we have our own injuries and have managed to cover them well enough. 

Going to be tough dropping anyone after the form shown in this round. Ryder to come back in, perhaps for Hardingham if he is injured. Ambrose may miss another week or even two, depending on his thigh injury. Other than that, no other changes needed.    

We will beat them.

Perfect time to get them.

Ibbotson, Fyfe and Barlow all missing.

Ashby out, Ryder in for mine.

Howlett as sub, maybe

I'll give you Fyfe and Barlow, but Ibbotson??

Will be a very tough game.

Last time we played them we came off a game against a sub par opposition and took a while to adjust to pressure footy.

Will need to be on from the start.

Seriously?

Have youi noted our injuries? We are probably further from full strength than they are.

Seriously?

Have youi noted our injuries? We are probably further from full strength than they are.

Dempsey, Bellcho and a decent role player who honestly would be hard pressed to get in (Kommer)

vs

Fyfe, Barlow, and a couple of role players who normally play (Dawson, Ibbotson)

Neither side unrecognisable, but they're missing better players (and probably a couple more) than us.

Assuming Ryder comes back in, I'm with pazza. Fyfe and barlow are big outs. We aren't missing any first choice midfielders, they are missing two of their best three.
But you can only play the team that runs out and as bomber said you don't always get the advantage you might expect. I expect a tough close game but think we might run away with it towards the end.

We are a big chance but make no mistake Fremantle will bring serious heat. What they dished up against Hawthorn was un fremantle like. Still, no replacement for the class of Fyfe and Barlow, so that will help.

All our recent successes in Perth have occurred in night games.
The Sunday afternoon game with temperatures predicted in the high 20's worries me a little... especially with the Dockers extra 2 day break and the fact they will be "privately seething" after their mauling against Hawthorn.

Not to mention Walters and Mayne potentially out as well........

i really hope they keep our forward line the same it worked soo well, chappy, goddard, winders, ect was just great.

hopefully with daniher/carlise as well focused on being a forward we have plenty of firepower which we have been missing for a very long time.

but also the entries from the mids was great as well.

Walters and Mayne missing would be tipping the injury scales in our favour. We are shooting for our 3rd interstate win against Freo in a row !!!

Chappy for Ryder please. Gotta rest Chap, how many near-injuries did he do?

The resting of players happens when we are comfortably going to play finals and are against the bottom 4.

Not against top 4 sides interstate

The resting of players happens when we are comfortably going to play finals and are against the bottom 4.
Not against top 4 sides interstate

agreed, chappy can have a spell the following week against the aints

We are only belly and dempsey away from our best side. nearly full strength. Kommer isnt a lock for best 22 now I would say, he’s got a bit of competition.

We are a good chance this week

If Ryder's back we'll play a bigger forwardline you'd think, and I'm not sure we want to. On yesterday's evidence Winders is a very good option at full forward. Much of last year we had a one tall only policy up forward plus the resting ruckman and Bomber's already said you get your fingers burnt when you go too tall up front. When Belly's fit I suspect that there'll be some elevated noses out of joint and running around in the 2s but I really don't know who'll get the thumbs down.

Listening to 6PR (I know): deadset cookie-cutter clone with 3AW. Rumour File (same song), “something about our game” to introduce their famed football comments this morning, etc.

P.S. Fark Freo.