Round 5: ANZAC Day Collingwood vs Essendon. Monday 25th April 3:20pm (MCG)

In: smack,kommer
Out: lav, ambrose

Dae? Really?

Can’t take Dea out. He’s been really good in the backline and I think the main worry was his disposal - which has so far been up to standard. Puts in and he’s another tough bugger down there with Bags. Would consider using a late draft pick on him if he keeps this up, he’s only 24 years old.

If Dempsey is fit I think it could be a great stage for him, play him across half forward to replace Laverde.

Would like to see McKernan come in to offer another forward target so Joe isn’t just double/triple teamed all day. Can chop out Leuey in the ruck who has been fantastic this year also. Maybe Ambrose to come out of the side for Smack.

DAE DEA?

Ins need more Grimley. Only time our forward line has looked functional was when he was up there with JD.

Ins need more Grimley. Only time our forward line has looked functional was when he was up there with JD.

Smack plays as a forward, he is in better form than Grimley in that role in the VFL, besides, forward lines don’t just need talls to come in the help things, having another quick small would help too, we need to get more of those over the top goals. Collingwood don’t work back hard enough, we have to exploit that. Eades runs as hard and as fast as anyone to make the most of that.

In, Demps, Smack, Eades Out, Ambrose, Lav, McKenna

would prefer Dempsy in the back line were has has mostly played and was in the bests in the VFL playing down back. Gives us a lot of run similar to what Saad did to us rd1. Plus McKenna deserves another run.

therefore
Demps, Smack, Eades
Out, Ambrose, Lav, Dea

Dea? Are you kidding me?

Exactly what I just thought.

Definitely need Grimely

In: Mckernan, Dempsey Out: Laverde, Langford
Controversial

Maybe harsh on Langford. Although apart from the clutch goal what else has he done to demand a spot in the first 4 rounds?

Does McKenna survive?

Definitely need Grimely

Smack has kicked nearly 3 times as many goals in one less game. Plus is a much better chop out ruckman than Ambrose.

Dea out is tough. But I do understand people trying to drop one of our many HBFers for a bloke with some natural goal kicking ability (not that I know if we actually have any of them)

Grimley needs to work on his kicking

Out: Ambrose, Laverde
In: Smack, Eades (or Dempsey)

would prefer Dempsy in the back line were has has mostly played and was in the bests in the VFL playing down back. Gives us a lot of run similar to what Saad did to us rd1. Plus McKenna deserves another run.

therefore
Demps, Smack, Eades
Out, Ambrose, Lav, Dea

Dea? Are you kidding me?

Oh Chef…

Back in the kitchen buddy !

Grimley needs to work on his kicking

Leading goal kicker in the VFL last two years. I’d say he’s probably better than any one else we have.

Out: Ambrose, Laverde In: Smack, Eades (or Dempsey)

This. No obvious replacement for Laverde but if Eades is bringing enough hardness and run then IT’S TIME

Out: Ambrose, Laverde In: Smack, Eades (or Dempsey)

Love the fact that Ambrose is in almost everyones outs… Lets hope the coaches think they same

therefore
Demps, Smack, Eades
Out, Ambrose, Lav, Dea

Dea? Are you kidding me?

We have the 7th best defence in the league over 4 rounds including conceding less points than ladder leaders North Melbourne ( who will ultimately go nowhere in finals if they continue to concede 100+ points against a game). In other words, defensively was are a Top 8 team (it’s just that we can’t score at the other end!)

Dea is a key part of that superb defensive effort.

Unless there’s injury our back six of Baguley-Hartley-Gwilt-Gleason-Dea-Walla neds to stay exactly as is.

Dea out is a tough call but I would like see Dempsey in and keep McKenna also. Fanta, tippy and Gleeson can’t be dropped. He will get plenty of chances to play as the inevitable injuries play there part. Plus if we want to pick him up next draft we don’t want to play him every week.