Round 5 Essendon v Geelong @ Windy Hill, 12pm Saturday May 13 2017

I think some of you are reading too much into it. Redman’s form this year has been notably down on last year, so they shuffled him upfield to try to get him going.

It worked alright, he swapped with Marklew who went on to kick three goals in the second half.

4 Likes

Most of the greatest defenders in history were drafted or recruited as forwards or mids because that’s where the best players play as juniors

Your statement is nonsense.

Name them from the last 20 years. Using examples from 40 years ago is irrelevant.

I’m sure they’re the exception to the rule in any case but sure, let’s pretend the kid that couldn’t get a touch up forward and has been in bad form for most the year, is being used down back in a masterplan from the club all of a sudden in a match to turn him into an outstanding back.

I think it’s more likely to get him near the ball or have him play on a forward that knows how to lead to the right spots because he isn’t doing it himself.

backs are failed fwds :rofl: everyone knows that

2 Likes

Cale Hooker.

Hooker was recruited as a forward or mid now?

He said in an interview until he was 17 he was a midfielder. Then had a massive growth spurt.

Right, but he was drafted as a back right?

So one year as an 18 year old is gonna make that much of a difference ?

For the record

Last year Cale played half-back and centre-half forward for East Fremantle reserves and we were fortunate enough to see him play some exciting football.
[some stuff about why he slid]
I think within two years he will put on a lot more weight and get a lot stronger and I think he will really excite Essendon supporters because he looks to be a genuine centre half-back for us.

Dodoro on Hooker in the “Bomber Arrivals” article in Bomber magazine, April 2008.

You blokes would argue over whether water was fkn wet, fair dinkum.

Is it just me, or has this place become far more adversarial, ugly, and really fkn nasty this year?

Maybe It was just those 4 years of shared pain that gave the joint a bit more unity and it lasted long enough to get used to, and now the shackles are off again, but by christ it’s painful to read most of the footy related threads these days.

2 Likes

Listen to his triple m interview from last week.

OK Dunlop, I was interested in your impressions. The really good thing about Draper is it was the 4th or 5th game at this level, and he put in a performance that a lot rated highly and even you rated as 3rd best while being critical of him. Thats remarkable imo.

Clarke was pushed out of the midfield , so Langford could get some inside mid time. I thought Langford was finally starting to show some mongrel. But as you say its nowhere near raging bull level. He does need to impose himself on the contest more. Its still not enough.

2 Likes

No, It’s not just you, lack of ignore function has turned Blitz into an Octogon

1 Like

It hasn’t become… it has always been, and has just returned to normal.

If you really really don’t like it, then best to just break your addiction now.

I see you’ve been here about as long as I have sam, … and I hear you, … but I reckon something is different.

A few noob posters aren’t helping at this point, … but I think it’s possibly latent carry over angst from the saga shitte being vented on each other, or, as mentioned, the lack of the Ignore function, … something seems weird.

Maybe I’ve just gotten old & cranky, … feels like I’ve aged 10 years in the last four, … soooo, …

1 Like

Just a reminder you can privately flag posts as breaking the guidelines (which, for example, hurling abuse at each other does). If someone gets too many flagged posts, they’ll get banned.

I feel like this is just asking for people to flag my posts for the lulz, but whatever.

I don’t see how @Crazy_Bomber and I did anything that got anywhere near name calling and what not.

half the posts i’ve seen from the sunshine and daisy brigade have slung some pretty poor ■■■■ at DP whether its deserved or not, i’m not going to comment but jesus some here seem to be the morale police and chuck a fair hissy when it does match their expectations.

2 Likes

Hmmm … are all you noobs like this?

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, it’s actually embarrassing. Just because people debate things doesn’t mean we hate each other. I disagree with barnz on things but I like him as a poster and often understand his point of view (bar his love for McKenna). That’s why I like wob, barnz and a few others as posters, because they don’t chucking a hissy fit when people disagree with them.

The sunshine brigade are usually the ones slinging some pretty horrible things at people trying to debate certain players. It’s a forum where literally the sole purpose is to discuss players. The worst part is it’s usually from the elder brigade (don’t worry you’ll know because they tell you in every thread just how old they are) are the ones resorting to the pre-teen style insults when they can’t cope with their favourite players coping critiscism or discussion. Hell I was threatened with a personal attack in the Zaka thread just because I analysed his form over a period and thought him “bleeding red and black” isn’t enough to win a spot every week regardless of form. It doesn’t mean I don’t want Zaka or Redman or anyone to succeed. It’s usually the same people that struggle to comprehend that.

5 Likes