Round 5 Non-Essington Games

small forwards in general go missing in big games.

how good was that!

What a ripper.

Cop that Aceman!

There’s missing and there’s Eddie
Although to be fair he hasn’t quite done a Neon Leon :rofl:

1 Like

And further, … watching him play his 300th looking as good as he did in his First, the question becomes, … how many games will he end up on?

Showing no signs of pulling up, . at all!

We are going to finish the round in the top 8.

1 Like

So sacking everyone after round 2 worked?

1 Like

From what I hear from people that know him well, this will be his last season more than likely

He’s talked about that, wasn’t sure he was going to go on this year, especially due to the racism he cops.

Adelaide are the biggest front runners to ever front run.

1 Like

He is struggling to get over games now and his recovery time is lasting most of the week. Is being managed very carefully and misses quite a few trainings each week.

Looking at the ladder, 3 of the bottom 4 teams have one thing in common and perhaps they’ve been left behind by an evolution of the game. Sydney, Melbourne & NM are all hard bodied but slower, contested type midfields. All these teams have been exposed on the outside and the new rules have exacerbated the need to spread with anti congestion adjustments. I really feel like these teams have been left a few steps behind the rest.

6 Likes

So does that mean we don’t need big bodied mids?

Thank Christ for that.

3 Likes

Understand that comment is tongue in cheek but the point is, they have too many of the one type. Who can break lines for those sides? Sydney are trying to get some run in there with Papley, Heeney etc. NM added Polec & Hall for that reason but have had little effect. Melbourne really lack that quick, polished mid to complement the grunt of Jones, Viney, Oliver & Brayshaw (who is just ok on the outside) and their best outside runner (Hunt) is a ball butcher.

Our midfield has some balance now with Heppell in there as a contested mid. Shiel & Merrett obviously play both but I thought early on we were also too cumbersome with Langford & Myers playing as mids. Neither win enough ball and my thoughts on Myers are well known here but the outside portion is slicing teams open so far. Big test to see if we can assert the same authority over Collingwood.

2 Likes

The “big bodied mid” has been a blitz cliche for as long as I can remember. They just aren’t needed any more.

Loading up on quick players that can win their own ball will prove to be a master stroke from Dodoro.

2 Likes

This season is drunk. St kilda on top? We are done here, shut it down.

5 Likes

if we had knighta we would’ve stopped saints.

You guys act as if you’ve never seen Stringer bulldoze it out of the centre and belt it into our fifty.

St Kilda: The Winning Streak 2019 in production now.

4 Likes