Round 5 Non-Essington Games

Or when we booed the KOed umpire because he deserved it

3 Likes

They do have a very good system. However, time will tell whether it works without having the core of good players he has relied on for the last decade.

Also he had certain players in Hodge and Burgoyne who could be moved around when needed.

The commentators said that? They are giving opposition supporters far too much credit. I’m sure the opposition drunken-whores are not that sensitive.

1 Like

Hows the AFL. Crikey. If GAJ is booed again, they will sic the integrity unit onto them.
What? A boo patrol , sent into the crowd to root out and ban any person who boos ?

Applause and cheering are modes of crowd approval. What is the way the crowd expresses disapproval. ?

If the AFL propose to ban any expression of disapproval, the AFL is dead meat.

I booed that ■■■■■■■ so hard I had no oooo left in me

3 Likes

Commentators said it.

then they went with it on footy shows and news broad casters cause the commentators said it.
Poor from the commentators.

put gil maclachlan in a dunk machine.
when that goes off hear the crowd roar.

Brought in just in time for their next (non-Kardinia Park) game against Essendon

Fact is that they were not booed by opposition supporters for being Aboriginal, they thought they were being booed for being Aboriginal and it impacted on their performance, which is why opposition supporters continued to do it.

You know the motivation of every DH that boo’d A Goodes? At every game he played at every ground?

You bet there was an element of racism towards him.

2 Likes

Some ■■■■■ would have boo’d because they are racist pelicans but not all booing at Goodes was racially motivated

2 Likes

I still remember a cricket match I went to where a few blokes were sticking it to murali.
every time he would bowl they would call out curry muncher, - they were thrown out
But it made the cricket mildly entertaining.
Yet at another match at the MCG a section of the crowd were saying New zealand were sheep shaggers, and they didnt get thrown out.

Some was. More than some probably but not all.

What the morons who are considering booing G Ablett for his support of I Folau need to bear in mind what happened to A Goodes and the effect it has had on his life. He hates football now. A guy who played nearly 400 games and won two Brownlow Medals hates the game. If anyone thinks that’s a good outcome then they’re a piece of sht.

As a community we shouldn’t let it happen again.

1 Like

Fixed

Perhaps Goodes should have thought of that before elbowing people in the head, sliding in feet first to shatter a blokes leg or continually staging for frees

6 Likes

Act like a flog continually and youll be booed. Its not rocket science. No one liked goodes other than Sydney fans towards the end, because he was a sniping, race card pulling idiot.

6 Likes

So what has G Ablett done to offend the crowd this time?

I think he told 95% of the crowd to go to hell.

1 Like

The booing of Goodes was a little of column A (sportsmanship), a little of Column B (racism), a little of Column C (tally poppy syndrome) and also a bit of Column D (herd mentality). Trying to categorise all the people who booed into the same group just peeves off everyone.

Having seen all the racial abuse aimed at Betts, it’s naive to think that there wasn’t racists who got their jollies off being able to vent their hatred toward a publicly vocal Goodes, whilst being able to blend in with the majority of people who were booing him for being an on-field menace.

Also, good players have always copped crap from opposition fans whether deserved or not, Coleman was often spat on by scum supporters.

2 Likes

He exercised his speech by liking a bigoted post and the crowd exercised theirs.

Personally, I think Selwood, Dangerfield, and Ablett should all be booed.