Round 5 Non-Essington Games

So what is the reason for the booing then? What has he done that is worse than any other player of similar class — not that there are an awful lot of them?

I still hate Ablett for getting McVeigh suspended for a response to an off-ball punch.

(Yeah, 14 years ago.)

He was booed in Adelaide this year and has been booed plenty of times in the past.
For most people I know he lost a heap of credits when he bailed on the Suns early and his messy exit. His staging and throwing his arms in the air for freed grinds a lot of people but the fact he is so good especially against the Hawks would cause most consternation.

Or they are just all racists :rofl:

Nothing wrong with being a Sicily lover, Sicily lover.

Just worry about getting your substandard ground up to scratch over there Bun lover

1 Like

Its hard, but not as hard as your water over there, pie floater lover.

1 Like

I thought both Geelong and Hawthorn got some very soft free kicks. I think the umpires or the directive from the AFL needs to change, to only pay the most blatant ones.

Also it is frustrating to see Hawks be competitive when they have so many spuds playing.

1 Like

Pie floater makes a good point. The surface is too hard. L FFFFFFFRANKLIN! hasn’t been quite the same since booting 8, repeat 8 there in rnd 1 last year. Now A Simpson has said his team will no longer train there. Not sure how the groundskeep managed to fark it up.

Pie floaters are the bomb!
The amount of hangovers those things have prevented through my years is astonishing :grinning:

3 Likes

They have a very good system. One goes out, another comes in without too much fuss. Supporters regularly go ape at coaches for lacking match day flexibility but A Clarkson has said that in game manoeuvring has little to do with the outcome. The system and how well the whole list understands it and it’s ability to implement it is the key to success. Anyone game enough to argue against him on this?

They have two ways of going about it. 1) The way A Clarkson wants you to and 2) The way A Clarkson wants you to.

1 Like

lots to like about sicily.
That torp against us was great last year.
but good odds he will have flipped his lid and be out suspended when we play them :slight_smile:

Must say Gary Rohan is almost twice the player in the Geelong environment.
Would be handier than Menzel has been at the swans.
on footy classified they showed all the marks reid dropped, it was comical.

Has Menzel played yet?

I think the consistent forward entry has helped him at Geelong. Sydney’s movement, especially from half back makes it very difficult for the forwards to read what is happenen plus it allows competent defences to position themselves to advantage. He’s still only getting it a dozen or so times but if he can keep snaring at least a couple a game, he’ll become a valuable player. That plus his defensive pressure is several rungs above Menzel’s. So far so good for Rohan and Geelong.

Not yet. Not even in the seconds I believe.

What’s he done, a knee again?

Not his knee. I think it was groin related.

still injured i believe.

Just like when we booed Paddy Ryder and Goodes because they were Aboriginal.