Round 6 non Essington Games

Geepers Dogs, that was poor.

Silvagni is soooooo average.

What’s he gonna do to us ?

1 Like

He showed a bit when he played his first few games, then he fell into a hole and hasn’t returned. Still if he wasn’t a Silvagni you might never seen him play at AFL level again with how bad he has become.

Remember the first half of last season - the jokes about how Richmond kept losing close games, losing games they should win, blah, blah. Richmondy etc. You can’t suggest that Richmond has changed the landscape of football in less than a season. Seriously.

I didn’t say that?

Playing medium forward with that midfield? Good luck.

2 Likes

I think teams have put more of a focus on pressure and their pressure acts. You wouldn’t call Richmond elite, but the way they play gets the job done. Wouldn’t surprise me if some teams tried to replicate that kind of set up/play.

And for all the jokes on them, they still started the year 5-0.

Actually if anything the Tigers just copied the Bulldogs winning style.

In and under, get the ball out and just keep relentlessly pushing it forward in numbers.

In reality that is also Sydney’s original game style.

1 Like

You’re completely right - it’s about this time that I start to respond to questions in my head more than usual.

1 Like

I get that but it isn’t just that he is starved of the ball, what he does when he gets it is really poor. That and the fact he is so slight in frame that the wind pushes him over.

He lumbers along the field just like his old man did, only a little bit slower without the height of SOS.

I think Langford might actually be quicker.

Cripps is a machine.

This is the non-Essendon thread yeah?

Wouldn’t see this much talk about Silvagni anywhere else.

Good grief

Curnow and Cripps are 2 players you can build a good side around.

They’re also a pair I truly believe carlton can build a ■■■■ team overdependent on two players around.

1 Like

Nothing surer!

1 Like

If Carlton play with this level of intensity against us, they will win.

2 Likes

I know he had to take a risk, but fk me Kerridge is an absolute potato.
Gonna make it all the worse when he does kick that sealer in 2 weeks that CB spoke about.

GOOD GRIEF