Round 6 vs The Tin Rattling Tryhards Moving to Tassie - anticipation

What? Is Peter Landy going to commentate on Friday night? He does live on the gold coast these days

1 Like

Wow, a great core of players (Madden, Watson etc.) but also some names I don’t remember: “Spencer, Sheedy has great faith in this young man…”

Also noticed Andy Demetriou was playing for North that day.

Well thread title needs to be more specific, didnt know which tin rattlers we were playing.

1 Like

Concerned on the match up for Brown, he’s due for a big game. Hooker won’t be able to run with him and Hurley doesn’t have the strength to match him. Does Francis get a crack?

Team defence. Hooked can probably go with him but will need support

McKenna & Merrett in for Stringer and Zahakris with McKenna to play forward unless BZT comes in too, for Gleeson with Hooker to forward and McKenna back.

TBC might be a better tap ruck, but with him, we only have 17 men on the field. With Phillips, we have 18 men on the field. Phillips stays in. Non-negotiable. TBC will still come in, won’t he?

Last time Ambrose played on him but a big influence in nullifying him was hooker getting in his space and blocking his run. I’d say they’d do the same perhaps ridley is the best option being that brown isn’t physically strong.

Title has been elaborated on

2 Likes

Like to see McKenna come in.

Franga stays out for me…
too much hardingham about him with those dropped marks and let down kicks after something good.

Happy to try him in the stringer role… unless we have someone else in mind. Lav??

Merret comes in … not sure who for.

Zaka wasn’t bad this week… showed a bit more… he was a “crash and f things up by nearly running into Stringer” away from being blown away in front of a canon.

TBC should stay in Melbourne!! Don’t tempt the panel.

3 Likes

Out: Zaka, Stringer, Gleeson (unlucky)
In: Merrett, McKenna, Francis

Hibberd + Lav both get another chance. McKenna plays in defence to find some touch and Fanta gets a run on the wing. Parish gets time on the ball, but needs to lift his defensive output.

Saad Hooker Francis
Ridley Hurley McKenna

Ham McGrath Fanta
Philips Shiel Parish

Smith Lav Snelling
Tippa Smack Townsend

Redman (7thD), Langford (7thF), Hibberd + Merrett (7th + 8th mids).

We need to block Brown’s leading patterns and watch Higgins. Cunnington is a likely out, which is a plus.

1 Like

He had his knee iced up by the end of the game.

Went over to the North BF board - usually they’re quite hyped up before the Essendon game - they’re all just talking about playing the kids and aiming for draft picks.

Hopefully Essendon maintain that intensity this week.

Curious if, mentally, Essendon may have an advantage for the hub life? Given none of the players travelling will be leaving kids behind here etc.

3 Likes

Out: Zacka, Stringer, Hibberd (unlucky but came in for merrett)
In: Mckenna, Merrett, Stewart
I dont know about francis yet…could come in for gleeson but would be harsh. Would rather Stewart go forward than Francis…better target I think.
Overall some hard selection choices this week and I am praying that Tom Bellcooked doesn’t come in for Phillips.

I’ve been hoping for Hooker forward all year but this week I think he’s really going to be needed down back. Brown & Xerri are both just too big for Hurley & Goldstein has been rotating forward as well. Unless BZT came in I can’t see how we could possibly spare chook. Losing Stringer is huge for us.

1 Like

Zaka wasn’t bad? 2 disposals in 79% TOG?

What’s up with Larkey of North?

They’ll come after us hard. They’ll be a fired up after a ■■■■ performance this week. They’re an emotion based club. They hate us and are desperate to get us back after Hooksy’s hair ruffling, Jakey’s wave, the Good Friday massacre and Tippa’s magic wand.

1 Like

Brown is not the same player he was last year. His confidence is shot, flying for marks one handed, and his kicking for goal is now suspect where it was once a near certainty. It doesn’t help his cause that there is no one who can hit him up on the lead. Last night Norf tagged the Bont and limited his effectiveness on the game, the trouble was the Doggies also tagged Higgins and nullified him. If Cunnington is out they won’t have an inside midfield bull, if he is in he will be sore and lack impact. Phillips is the only match up we have to combat Goldstein.

1 Like

Injured foot. 1 to 2 weeks away, or so l am informed by my brother-in-law.

1 Like

I kinda like Stewart as a player, but…he hasn’t played an AFL game for more than two years. He hasn’t played any kind of competitive game for well over a year. He’s coming back from a serious injury and he just did two weeks in isolation. He is not playing against North.

5 Likes

Hope the fat carnt got bashed, injured, poked in the eye and trod onduring the game and then lost his car keys and had to walk home where he got mugged, lost his wallet and then found the milkman’s shoes under the bed and no beer in the fridge when he got there.

1 Like

l am informed that Norf had a mad scramble to get their team out of the lockdown suburbs into accommodation in time. Far from ideal preparation, but it must have been a similar experience for other teams as well.