Round 7 - Crameri Gate

Meh, he will be injured by then anyway.

Crammers actually played really well on the weekend. I have no doubt he would be killing it for us and I wish he was still playing in the red and black. 
I'm still annoyed at the club more than anything for only offering him a 2yr deal only when he was our leading goal kicker. He didn't feel the love upfront, Macca and Dogs came hard at him with 3yr bigger money deal and that was that and by the time we upped our offer was too late, he'd already made his mind up.
Bullshit about him playing midfield at Dogs as reasoning though, been playing out of the square.  
But on the plus side we got Zac Merrett for him. 

Crameri is a good player, he wanted a really good player deal & money. He'll have his good days & then his days where it looks like he's just had a triple bypass (see round 2), which is ultimately why we didn't offer him that money.

Good player, not irreplaceable.

Crameri is still playing in the AFL?

I thought he’d retired.

Why is there a thread for a game a month away?

In a 2 year period whereby we lose 3 out of 4 top 2 picks, it was important to trade our way back into the draft.

Whilst we all thought that Pick 26 was unders, we were still able to select a player on our radar who we may have selected anyway had the Pick been #18.

In 2 - 3 years time when Jobe and Goddard are seeing far less midfield time, and Zach is providing quality ball to our forwards, we will see that it was the best for both parties.

Well, maybe not Crammers after we win a Flag.

Also, by September 2016, Crameri is 28, and Zach is still not yet 21.

It’s all good !!!

I thought that I would miss him but I haven’t at all really.

I don’t miss his pathetic chases to attempt to run down opposition defenders, I don’t miss his constant sulking and not leading, I don’t miss him always grimacing and pulling up from every contest as if he is shot.

I’m glad he is at the Bulldogs, right where he belongs, in a ■■■■ team with a ■■■■ culture and povo as all get out.

The reason the club didn’t want to match the offer was because they don’t want to end up like Carlton who are paying 100% of their cap to talentless list cloggers (not suggesting Crameri was one of these).

It was smart list management by us as it freed up cap space and we recruited a ready made replacement in Ambrose and drafted a really talented youngster which we were interested in, in Zach Merrett.

The club would have wanted flexibility to re-sign and to attempt to poach opposition players in the future.

Best thing that has happened up forward is not kicking the ball towards Crameri or Hurley.

"I don't miss him always grimacing and pulling up from every contest as if he is shot had been shot"

I liked Stewie but I liked that statement even more. It is exactly how he looked.

Who cares?

I miss his gut running and his ability to stand up in a tackle, he is incredibly strong through the core.

But if Winderlich stays fit (hahahaha) and with Chappy for 2 years, I don't think we will miss him THAT much.

With the FWD line of Carlisle, Daniher and resting ruckman, we would have been too tall with Crameri in there.

He did us a favor, Solved our forward line and gave us Zerrett and Ambrose.

Pitty he forgot who made him though.

I miss his gut running and his ability to stand up in a tackle, he is incredibly strong through the core.

But if Winderlich stays fit (hahahaha) and with Chappy for 2 years, I don't think we will miss him THAT much.

With the FWD line of Carlisle, Daniher and resting ruckman, we would have been too tall with Crameri in there.

Such a good mark on the run. 

Crameri is a talented footballer. He can create opportunities in attack that very few footballers can. However, he never did it consistently enough to warrant the type of deal required to retain him. His defensive efforts were not great either which sometimes resulted in criticism from his teammates (most noticeable was BJ last year) so I wasn't as cut up when he left the club.

I wish him all the best and I hope he can have a similar impact on his team to what Monfries has been able to bring to Port Power but I don‘t really care. If it‘s not about Essendon, it doesn't require too much attention IMO.

Unleash the Pig.

Did I just wake up after a four week coma and we're about to play the Bulldogs?
Did we win on ANZAC Day!?

Can I make a thread about round 23 and discuss who we should be resting for our big finals campaign?

Rested: Chappy, Watson, Ryder and Daniher.

Who will be the unlucky ones left out after the prelim?

Who will be the unlucky ones left out after the prelim?

Don't flirt with form. 

Don't care much any more, after initially being pretty ■■■■■■ off (to put it in context, I'm still pissed off over Caracella, Blumfeild, Heff, Dimma, Wanganeen, Roger). Wondering if he actually did us a favour by leaving. Good luck to him, but I'm concentrating on us. Everyone else can... etc. 

Finish their reps??

Only thing I miss is being able to yell ‘Rich Crameri Centre’ when he kicked a goal.