Round 7 Non-Essendon Games

Losses like that will be a wake up call. They will lose the smart-■■■■ man-bun chick-magnet mentality and start to put in the work on their footy

They have also have been good at identifying players to bring in via trade/dfa.

Yeah what has Essendon been concentrating on the last four years!?

1 Like

Blay Cakers.

1 Like

Bruce mcv called josh Bruce “Jack Bruce” at least twice last night

It’s a reasonable guess, the saints do have six Jacks on their list.

That’s just not true. There’d be at least a couple of people saying that we’re still ■■■■ and wins like that don’t prove anything, then a bunch of people would jump on them calling them miserable ■■■■■■, then a bunch of people would jump on them calling them bullies, and so on. You know, Blitz after a win.

1 Like

Yep.

SAGA!

And before that Hird couldn’t coach.

And before that Knights was rubbish.

And before that Sack Dodoro.

And before that Sack Sheedy (promptly followed by SaveSheddy…ha, remember that?)

And somewhere in between sack Quinn.

I can’t be certain…but I reckon there is some sort of theme in there somewhere…

1 Like

They play kids and only keep players in the team that are in form.

Meanwhile we play guys like Zaharakis who we can’t bare to drop and leave in form VFL players in Bird to rot away.

1 Like

We should fund Charles Barkly to come over and end this man bun pestilence throughout the AFL …

1 Like

Hmmm, . ok,… I give up, . what?

We’d been average for the decade leading into the Saga, and had more or less fallen into the Ninthmond and Norf trap of trying to be competitive short term to keep the members happy while never threatening to be a top 4 side.
Unless we have a massive form reversal over the rest of the season I would expect (and hope) to see a clean out at years end.

2 Likes

Not sure how the AFL can stop a side from significant disadvantage if it loses a player early like GWS did last night. The sub rule worked on paper but was universally disliked by everyone. Perhaps extending the bench out to six players is worth considering.

I know! We even had a cutting edge sports science program and poached the Weapon from Geelong! What have they done over the last 4 years!?

I reckon the Saints are still primed to put some performances out this year that would make Essington jealous.

3 Likes

And we’ll get done by 160

Hope whoring yourself out for a few bucks is worth it when you get done by 20 you absolute tin rattling steaming pile of donkey ■■■■ ■■■■■

North with the fast start 25-0

31-0

37-0