Round 7: Redman vs Jesinta Campbell

I guess langford & Parish having a rest.

Happy with the changes. Something in it for everyone on blitz.

I didn’t think we would make that many changes.
Happy i got 3 right bird, bags, grima.

it says rested on efc.com.au

Long a bit stiff

Hmm, something slightly freudian about that.

Long a bit stiff

Hmm, something slightly freudian about that.

thats what she said!

lol

Long a bit stiff

Maybe he should do some stretches to loosen up

Big welcome to Mason Redman, one of very few natural forwards at our club. No pressure son, just get in there and give us a 4 goal debut !

FIXED

I really like the changes. I know where they are named means little, but I'd prefer they tried Walla forward instead of Demps
Who kicks it to him if he is forward?

Good question.
Ultimately he needs to end up in the guts (next year). Once that happens, the ball won’t go into defence. If the forwards don’t mark his kicks from the centre, he’ll probably be quick enough to crumb and goal

Apropos of resting Darcy… Melbourne “rested” Clayton Oliver, who promptly turned up to play in the VFL against us.

Tells a lot about what those in the AFL-sphere think of the VFL competition.

These threads are boring with wooshas selection. Maybe he could throw in a stray one to keep us on our toes.

Long a bit stiff

Given players are getting rewarded with vfl performances long will get his chance this year. He just has to keep playing well.

Apropos of resting Darcy... Melbourne "rested" Clayton Oliver, who promptly turned up to play in the VFL against us.

Ummm… Oliver was rested after round 4 of the AFL then played us after his week off.
ie: played Collingwood on 17th April, then his next game was 1st May in the VFL.

We do lack a bit of run now. Maybe not as critical at Scg. But three "mids " out, plus Glees. Only one mid-type in, plus Red as a somewhat mobile/roaming forward

Apropos of resting Darcy... Melbourne "rested" Clayton Oliver, who promptly turned up to play in the VFL against us.

They rested him the round before…

Redman is an interesting selection. He did not play THAT well against Casey, but the two games before that . Boy oh boy, he is the " right time right place" kid and he is lightning quick around the ball. ( think Darcys 2 goals against Carlton ) He has instinct and attitude. I like it, and in spite of the Casey game, they are right to give him a taste of AFL imo.

Wonder if they will kick it to the wrong Goddard

They rested him the round before…

I bow to those who picked up my error… just couldnt be bothered checking it out before I posted .

Anyway. Oliver looks like he has good potential.

Would expect Gwilt to go into the back 6 and Tippa or Kelly into mids rotation.

Hopefully Tippa, him getting ball in midfield and fwd of centre should help us plenty

Worsfold reads blitz

FACT

Can’t wait til next year, some of my favs will be dropped.

I get the redman hype, but geez you rest two younger guns cos you obviously know it’s gonna be a belting of epic proportions, don’t know whether it was the smartest idea to bring him in for this game, what hope esp in this side esp even more in this forwardline does he have of even getting a touch this weekend let alone scoring a goal ?

Don’t confuse that with not wanting him in the side, I’d have just prefered it against a lesser side with the potential (even if deluded ) chance of a win and a positive memorable first game for the kid.

If we are resting players because we will get smashed then we will be resting enough players to only field 15 players at a time. Parish and Langford are being rested because they have played 6 games and played a lot of minutes in those games.

He’s really had a gutful of Gleeson.

And Merrett and Ambrose still can’t get in!

This man is an animal.

Long a bit stiff

SCG wouldn’t suit him for a debut…