Round 7 v Footascray @ Windy Hill - 12pm Sunday 22nd May

Looking forward to this. Chance to go to 4-3 and solidify our spot around the top 4. Two games on at Windy Hill on the Saturday so lucky there’s no rain around.

Just draft ahepp already.

Liked what I saw from eades.

Longy’s radar was a bit off today.

Shreds is working a lot harder than he used too and is staying involved as a consequence.

Jerret floated in and a bit too much but does do some very nice things. Should be dominating this level with spread and run and but just didn’t find enough of it it seemed.

Hams is brave and tough but doesn’t have a weapon to make him stand out. Think they need to try and reinvent him in a different role if he is to be any chance of making it.

Ashby didn’t really stand out.

See the Francis thread for my thoughts on him.

Can’t be stuffed talking about top ups save to say Jamar is not someone you would want to ■■■■ off.

That’s a fair call. If they see him as an inside mid he has done enough for a chance in the seniors. If they don’t view him as a prsopect in that role it’s only fair they give him a chance in another role. The act he is playing that inside mid role would suggest that is where they see him. Today I noticed him getting a bit more outside footy which was good. I like his endeavor and would love to see him get another crack.

This may have been missed by some, but Hams has missed the best part of 2 years with injury. Let the kid get some form in the VFL, then play him.

Shreds is working a lot harder than he used too and is staying involved as a consequence.

Jerret floated in and a bit too much but does do some very nice things. Should be dominating this level with spread and run and but just didn’t find enough of it it seemed.

Hams is brave and tough but doesn’t have a weapon to make him stand out. Think they need to try and reinvent him in a different role if he is to be any chance of making it.

Can’t be stuffed talking about top ups save to say Jamar is not someone you would want to ■■■■ off.

That’s a fair call. If they see him as an inside mid he has done enough for a chance in the seniors. If they don’t view him as a prsopect in that role it’s only fair they give him a chance in another role. The act he is playing that inside mid role would suggest that is where they see him. Today I noticed him getting a bit more outside footy which was good. I like his endeavor and would love to see him get another crack.

This may have been missed by some, but Hams has missed the best part of 2 years with injury. Let the kid get some form in the VFL, then play him.

Long largely inconsequential.

St Francis played maybe 60% time. Disposal isn’t as good as Hurley at the same time but he’s equal otherwise.

(HepA another fantastic game after a slow first quarter. We will need to “injure” him to guarantee we can get him at the end of the year. He’s basically played a dozen consecutive in-the-bests games in a row for us now.)

Eades mostly absent, with a few nice highlights.

(Coghlan really led by example today)

Ashby fairly unremarkable.

Edwards the only obvious indig inclusion. Deal with it.

Big SAM MICHAEL was OK, but that’s in the context of him being better than OK in most games so far.

Hams got it inside and was involved in a few nice outside chains too. Notably clean with the ball today.

Grimley, meh.

Kommer, barely noticed.

Jamar: since this is how we talk of rucks now, I loved the Big Russian’s impact today. Has a much more complete game than Leuenberger, but not necessarily the stamina at top level.

(Schroder much better than in last week’s return)

J. Merrett, barely noticed.

(Peart a very satisfactory debut)

(Laguda continues to be substantially better than the 23rd player)

Surely lil Hepp is a lock for the rookie draft. We probably will have the first or second pick and he has improved out of sight.

That just occurred to me. Good little bonus. Wonder if someone would pull the trigger with one of the last few ND picks, Eades/Hartley style? Especially since he’s physically ready.

Was Crowley rested?
He didn't play. Presumably was the emergency at Docklands.

Was Crowley rested?

HepA another fantastic game after a slow first quarter. We will need to “injure” him to guarantee we can get him at the end of the year. He’s basically played a dozen consecutive in-the-bests games in a row for us now.)

Pretty sure I overheard he was developing the groin issue that completely ruined his brothers career. No one would be stupid enough to pick him up…

Long largely inconsequential.

St Francis played maybe 60% time. Disposal isn’t as good as Hurley at the same time but he’s equal otherwise.

(HepA another fantastic game after a slow first quarter. We will need to “injure” him to guarantee we can get him at the end of the year. He’s basically played a dozen consecutive in-the-bests games in a row for us now.)

Eades mostly absent, with a few nice highlights.

(Coghlan really led by example today)

Ashby fairly unremarkable.

Edwards the only obvious indig inclusion. Deal with it.

Big SAM MICHAEL was OK, but that’s in the context of him being better than OK in most games so far.

Hams got it inside and was involved in a few nice outside chains too. Notably clean with the ball today.

Grimley, meh.

Kommer, barely noticed.

Jamar: since this is how we talk of rucks now, I loved the Big Russian’s impact today. Has a much more complete game than Leuenberger, but not necessarily the stamina at top level.

(Schroder much better than in last week’s return)

J. Merrett, barely noticed.

(Peart a very satisfactory debut)

(Laguda continues to be substantially better than the 23rd player)

Surely lil Hepp is a lock for the rookie draft. We probably will have the first or second pick and he has improved out of sight.

Doubled up

Two weeks, SHAUNYE 28 and 29 touches and 2 goals this week

BRING HIM IN

Francis first half showed lack of match practice. second half started clunking marks and didshow potential. Hepp bog imo. Hams Jamar Coghlan, other best. Edwards special mention. I think he earned a recall at the higher level after 3 pretty good games.
Eades watch. Did a couple of nice things, but mostly when playing high. Kicked a nice goal as part of our resurgence. Jeez . Jamar is one tough dude, who gets pushed into the goal post at full speed, bounches off then retaliates against the guy who pushed him. Jamar comprehensively beat Minson in the ruck and helped us win or even up clearances, but the better uncontested footy of the dogs just beat us, although we had ample chances in the last to get much closer to them.

Francis kick into fifty is poor.

He picked up the game plan quick.

Hams in the middle, HepA HBF, Edwards mostly wing, Merrett I barely noticed.

BRING IN EDWARDS!!!

Francis good in the air. Really good. He reads the air ball so well.
Switched forward in last and had one scoring opportunity.

He’s not bad on ground either. At one stage he took on three players and got through them.

Did all of those guys play predominantly midfield?

VFL Twitter account says Hams 38 disposals, HepA 34, Edwards 29, Merrett 27
But take 10 off each to get a reasonable feel for their actual impact.

Francis has quads to rival Stewiw Dew.

Wasn’t a dominant game by St Francis, maybe “just” ten marks (the last one as a forward). Disposal scratchy.

EDIT: six marks. It’s less exaggeration that you usually get from the Church.