Round 7

Jeese throw some money at the plop though

Daniel Rioli is a very poor decision maker

Wonder how Bruce coped having to commentate with 2 Rioli’s on the ground

Daniel Rioli is a very poor decision maker

Wonder how Bruce coped having to commentate with 2 Rioli’s on the ground

Yeah, two Rioli’s, two hands, but only one joystick … he would have been at a complete loss …

Outside of reimers kicking 8 against witches hats, when was the last time we had a small forward kick a bag? Hawks have 3 of them who take it in turns.
  1. Darren Bewick

Touche!
I think his best was 8 though 20 yrs ago

Outside of reimers kicking 8 against witches hats, when was the last time we had a small forward kick a bag? Hawks have 3 of them who take it in turns.

Dell’Olio got 2 once i think.

Once

Dell’Olio got 2 once i think.

Once

Peeto could name the game, date, opponent and what quarters he kicked them

Griffiths not only looks like a massive potato, but he actually plays like one too. I'm starting to think Richmond accidentally drafted from a potato crop, because their harvest of spuds have come right in. Batchelor, Morris, Chaplin, Hampson, Griffiths, McIntosh, Menadue, Corey Ellis, Castagna, Short...I'd probably delist all of them at years end and that's half the current team that played tonight. If we're 5 years away from a premiership they're 30.

While I agree with you, it should be remembered that Matt Dea looked every bit a spud at Richmond.
Place him in a role better suited for him around a well structured defence and he looks a lot better.

The thing that baffles me is how certain players are used. Vlaustin is a midfielder who has been stuck playing in the backline since he came into the league. Brandon Ellis is a running wingman machine and he’s played in the backline as well. Those two and Morris make up a very odd small backline.
Batchelor came out of U18s as a skilful third tall defender, but he’s used as a lock down defender. Chaplin is a third tall defender as well and used as a lock down tall defender.

Their forward line is good but take Jack out of there and they are no hope. They don’t have a dangerous small forward and outside of Martin or Deledio (who are needed in the midfield) they have no forward marking targets.
Even their ‘new favourite’ Lloyd looks like he’ll fade out of the game as quickly as he came into it.

You cannot tell what game style or what team setup they are trying to go with and develop. And that’s where Hardwick and the remainder of the coaches need to take some responsibility.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be surprised if they organise their team structure and start beating some teams to finish between 9th and 12th.

Hard to start the weekend with a Hawks win, but also good to start a weekend with Richmond loss.

Swings and roundabouts.

Houli physically avoided the ball then. Actually ducked under the ball

I got rubbished on here for years for accusing him of taking short steps. Seriously one of the softest players in the AFL.

And most overrated kick. Three out on the full tonight.

Nothing has changed with hospital Houli.

It’s not his job to be a tough guy. He kicks like most others when under pressure but is terrific when allowed space.

Coll verses FC

sheesh

I got rubbished on here for years for accusing him of taking short steps. Seriously one of the softest players in the AFL.

It’s not his job to be a tough guy. He kicks like most others when under pressure but is terrific when allowed space.

He doesnt need to be a tough guy, but when its his turn to go he he doesnt put his body on the line.

He is perfect for richmond

Where’s the great Collingwood todsy from Anzac Day starting like untouchable millionaires with 7 goals on the board after 15 mins.

He doesnt need to be a tough guy, but when its his turn to go he he doesnt put his body on the line.

He is perfect for richmond

He’d get a game for most other teams. He does his job pretty well.

Houli was always a front runner. Attacker with no defence. Too unaccountable and not hard enough. He looks good in a better side when there is no pressure.

I still remember those hospital handpasses

Big Footy Richmond supporters seem to want rid of him. Very critical.

You don’t have to look further than Simmonds Stadium to see where the humps are now showering a team with their affection.

fark carlton obviously, but them beating collingwood would be hilarious.

Funny because it means Buckley in serious trouble and Carltons priority pick claim becomes more tenuous.

Also… Mason Cox is no good. Never going to be more than a trivia night question.

Funny because it means Buckley in serious trouble and Carltons priority pick claim becomes more tenuous.

Also… Mason Cox is no good. Never going to be more than a trivia night question.

Yeh was just thinking that, holy moly he is useless.

How the hell did we let both these teams beat us.