Round 8 Non Essendon Pelicanfest

Did anyone climb a fricken goal post?

3 Likes

Showdown should be a ripper. Gavin Wanganeen on the pre-game coverage. Even on a non-Essendon game we get a reminder of the quality of players we once had, and how we could do with a few of them right now…

2 Likes

Saints eagles is entertaining.

Winning is form.
Even if its over the suns by a point.

Look at what Brett Ratten has done to the Saints. We have to be after him.

Umpire just got peer pressured into paying advantage there. The port players just kept celebrating until he stopped blowing the whistle.

1 Like

lets be honest, port adelaide tarps are scary.

1 Like

Motlop is an awful decision maker.
Just putrid !

Just landed in Jakarta and logged on.
FARK CARLTON

2 Likes

This is the true spirit of blitz.

Yeah point taken Jack but FC have been very competitive playing with great spirit with the exception of last week vs NM. I think we lacked some spirit in round one, two, and the last two matches. That’s four of eight and far too many for my liking.

1 Like

Can’t believe Essendon lose to trash sides like the Saints. We need to get new coaches. Let’s poach someone from the Saints - look at how well they are going!

Did anyone happen to watch the FC game ? Unfortunately only looked at the stats which FC mostly won except for a very one sided free kick count 8 FC and 24 Wobbles. Wobbles looked after yet again? Must admit this is the most disheartening season for me for many years and very close to moving away from AFL. Rub of the green? Yeah right .

1 Like

Their list is shocking and arguably the worst in the league. They add Ratten and they’re immediately looking much more structured. Lots of people were expecting them to finish bottom 2 and Alan Richardson to be the first coach sacked. You can’t deny Ratten’s track record. He managed to get that awful Carlton list playing finals and got them to the point where they overrated the list so they sacked him after winning 11 games(!). Picked up by Hawthorn and helped coach them to three flags in a row. Moves to St. Kilda and we immediately see an improvement.

Ablett hit someone behind the play, not much in it but that is the level of freedom the AFL just gave him.

As I write that he did the same thing again, that he did last week.

So one hit in the back (punch) behind play, then an elbow to the head of a Norf player similar to last week.

The good bloke defense is a real thing.

The Ablett hit on the Norf player was basically the same hit as on Zerrett, so it will be interesting if he is given a week again or if Micheal Christian cannot be bothered because the Cats will appeal and he would get off anyway.

As long as he didn’t impact the kick it’s all ok this week.

Bit of a shootout here

North coming back quickly now. Stewart out will hurt the Cats.

EDIT: He’s coming back on.