Round *yaaawwwn* 14 - The days are getting longer

Seriously, the umpiring in this game (Coll v Frem) has been fekcing rubbish - and obviously so. That is not the surprising thing. The surprising thing is that the commentators basically cover up the bullshit, compensate for it, or just remain silent. It is unbelievable. It really is. There have just been some utterly baffling decisions… and no one gives a ■■■■ how bad the game is becoming because of it!

Example 1: a guy who pulled the ball back in underneath himself 3 times, and didn’t get pinged for holding the ball, as it has been paid all year when you do it once - he gets the free kick and gets congratulated for it.

Example 2: Cloke fumbles a mark, gets a free kick because, something… a guy was behind him… ends up in a goal.

3, 5 etc. can’t be fuct.

Seriously, if I was trying to understand this game from outside I’d just go, yeah well, whatever. Where’s the nearest squash court.

Anyone who went to the game tonight deserves a medal, and there head checked.

Not even sure I would have bothered if Ess were playing tonight at the G, and I hate missing games.

XMen apocalypse is not too bad so far…

Only 20,320 at the game tonight.

Pretty rubbish, when EFC can get 14k to a Sunday 4.40 game against GWS.

Sheer lunacy by the AFL. The Freo "away" guernsey is miles more like the Collingwood home guernsey than rhe home Freo one.

True, but you’re assuming the AFL are telling the truth about the reason for ‘clash’ guernseys.
I think assuming the AFL are capable of telling the truth is a bit of a stretch.

Pretty rubbish, when EFC can get 14k to a Sunday 4.40 game against GWS.

Yeah.

In fairness though it was f!$king cold tonight.

Sheer lunacy by the AFL. The Freo "away" guernsey is miles more like the Collingwood home guernsey than rhe home Freo one.

True, but you’re assuming the AFL are telling the truth about the reason for ‘clash’ guernseys.
I think assuming the AFL are capable of telling the truth is a bit of a stretch.

If anyone was vaguely confused by the jumpers tonight, they really need their eyes checked.

Love seeing rubbish games with low crowds. Suck it Afl

So do Collingwood need to have Friday nights taken away from them because they cannot get crowds to the game and the game itself was one of the worst this season?

Did they count legs? No way that ground was more than 1-5 full

Anyone who went to the game tonight deserves a medal, and there head checked.

Not even sure I would have bothered if Ess were playing tonight at the G, and I hate missing games.

I went, uncle in town who is a collingwood supporter so i took him along. Not even the their cheer squad showed up

Did they count legs? No way that ground was more than 1-5 full

Lol. Mrs Wim asked how many were there when the game was on.
I said, 12 but they’ll say 20.

So do Collingwood need to have Friday nights taken away from them because they cannot get crowds to the game and the game itself was one of the worst this season?

When it’s EFC who’s been shat on from a great height for 4 years against an AFL factory team on the worst time slot possible, it’s all the saga and the clubs fault, when it’s Collingwood, ‘oh it was cold’ and you know what, Mother Nature just happens to be a woman…

Lowest Collingwood crowd at the 'G since WWII would suggest it’s more than just the cold.

What happened during WW2? I thought those scum still fielded a team to try and get a few soft premierships while everyone else was fighting for freedom, or was that FCarlton?

Everyone but Geelong continued in WWII, I think.
Bunch of yanks commandeered the G for a while if my miniseries memory serves.

Everyone but Geelong continued in WWII, I think. Bunch of yanks commandeered the G for a while if my miniseries memory serves.

Before it got redeveloped, half of the toilets and rooms in the corridors downstairs had WW2 signs on them…like WRAAF personnel only, that sort of thing.

Everyone but Geelong continued in WWII, I think. Bunch of yanks commandeered the G for a while if my miniseries memory serves.

Yep. US 1st Marines, after Guadalcanal. Little known piece of trivia, I might have already mentioned here, but after that, the 1st Division of the US Marines has for their marching song, “Waltzing Matilda”" …

"The Division’s insignia patch includes the Southern Cross constellation, and it was during their stay in Melbourne that the Division took the traditional Australian folk song ‘Waltzing Matilda’ as its battle hymn.

To this day, young Marines in the 1st Marine Division still ship out to this song being played"

http://www.mhhv.org.au/?p=3086

That’s more interesting than Round 14z thanks for the update!!

Yes.

For several years apparently.