Rugby World Cup 2019 - Japan

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Brave Blossoms beat Russia tonight (30-10) to kick off the 2019 Rugby World Cup here in Japan.

Matsushima - what a gun! Scored a hat-trick of tries (would have been four - if not for losing control of the ball when trying to ground it).

My house is gunna explode if Australia faces Japan at any point. My wife and son vs myself. Carn the Wallabies! Carn the Brave Blossoms.

1 Like

Russia has something there if they invest in it. Showed a bit

I’m tempted to put a lazy $100 on the Wallabies at 14/1.

Just send me the cash if you feel like throwing your money away :wink:

Reckon those odds are accurate, mate? Are we really no chance at all?

I haven’t seen anything in recent times to suggest we are anywhere near the best team in Rugby…so yes, those odds are probably accurate

I’d bring up the 47-26 win over the All Blacks in Perth last month, although the ABs were reduced to 14 men. You would then prolly raise me the Bledisloe Cup thrashing shortly thereafter. I still reckon we can make the semis - potentially the final.

1 Like

It would be a miracle to make the final. Semi finals are possible. Australia has a lot of teams ahead of it. 14-1 is too short.

ABs
South Africa
Wales
Ireland
England

Then there is Scotland, France and Argentina who are probably about the same level as the Wallabies.

1 Like

I certainly would mention that thrashing in Auckland.

Making the semis, or even the final still won’t win you any money on your original betting idea :stuck_out_tongue:

A big dose of realism just smacked me in the face. I’ll keep dreaming & considering that punt. :laughing:

p.s. You aren’t getting my money, Swoods. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Go Wallabies!!!

2 Likes

Poor start

Finally

I’ll say. Still not playing the best.

Definitely not playing well, they seem rattled and can’t settle.

Fiji playing really smart against us. Fiji are HUGE lads, we seem small.

Good touch find then.

Great play. Had to go for it. Try to OZ just before HT.

HT: Fiji lead Australia 14-12.

Come on, Wallabies!

Oh dear, we just can’t seem to click into gear.

We would want to hurry up or it will be World Cup over. I can’t see us beating Wales.