Rumor Mill.... Essendon not releasing any players for AFLX?

Heard a whisper that Essendon are not releasing any of their players for AFLX…

Has anyone heard news on this?

No complaints from me if this is true… :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Imagine disrespecting all the great and wonderful history - not to mention the literally tens of fans - of AFLX?

Waiting Caro’s article.

32 Likes

That would be so awesome if true. Is there a contractual obligation to participate? Do we have to put the whole team on the injury list?

1 Like

@SMJ will be so, so disappointed.

I honestly don’t think fans of other clubs would notice

1 Like

3 Likes

Can we get top-ups for AFL-X?

5 Likes

If we do this I will be so happy. Fark AFL house and the scatter brain money making ideas.

10 Likes

Good.

But we’re soooooooo getting fined.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing the latest kids we drafted… but I don’t think they will make the AFLX teams.

1 Like

I smell a “bringing the game into disrepute” fine coming if true.

Love the idea of this, but we’d be in a world of pain in the season proper as the corrupt AFL pigs would make it their mission to derail our season by any means possible.

4 Likes

Yeah id just be offering kids or plodders to play. that avoids some blowback from Gil and his goons

2 Likes

I would find it very hard to believe this, knowing how ‘supportive’ we are of the AFL and their growing the game to a new audience. Plus thats Sheedy’s whole philosophy for the game.

I would have no complaints about pulling out and would support it… but I’d say it’s more likely that we send out our bottom of the list players.

1 Like

Geeez it’d be bad if all of our most important players had minor niggles when it came to selection.
Joe D, Zerrett, Smith only just back, Hooker has a niggle, Shiel… etc etc.

And there would be payback

2 Likes

Hmmm… I’d speculate that MOST clubs would rather not release any players for AFLX, media have gotten wind of it and asked a few clubs, who have either guessed or blatantly pointed the finger at EFC which is enough for the media to run with it since we are “the bad boys who refuse to cop their whack”.

Adelaide have openly said that all clubs are committed to playing four players but they will be very selective on theirs. I’m hoping we will be the same.

2 Likes

name names

2 Likes

Hawks could play their little league and it would be seen as genius revolutionary player management but we refuse to play Joe Dan this year and its all about us not releasing players.

6 Likes