Rumor Mill.... Essendon not releasing any players for AFLX?

I misinterpreted this at first to some how think that you were talking about Fremantle having a good record against us.

Had a quick look and I think we’re 10/11 against them at Docklands. I remember that game in 2010 and wondering why we wouldn’t just pull out finger out and win. Was probably the beginning of the end for Knights that game.

I was there. It was McPhees first game against us after he buggared off.
Only time Ive ever left before the final siren. 5 mins to go.
It was under 12 skill level.

1 Like

Does playing AFLX enable players to be paid more outside the Salary Cap?

The Bont, Cripps, Burgouyne and some light and easy spokesman named as vice captains.

1 Like

Ain’t no way Danger and Fyffe are spruiking this for nothing, but doubt it’s in club cap.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the captain’s are being paid 50k each, vice - 20k, player 10k

So, probably more than the women’s AFL players for less ‘work’

3 Likes

Hope we boycott the ■■■■ out of it.

1 Like

Terrible business.

Ought to be boycotted by all true fans of real football.

1 Like

We go through the saga and people draw the line at this?

2 Likes

Do players get a choice? I would imagine that they’re not contracturally obliged to represent a super hero team… if they’re not, what would be the incentive to play beside a few extra bucks which is nothing compared to being fresh and available for the season.

Considering that Bonts, Hodge, Cripps, Burgoyne just got named as VC to Fyfe, Danger, Riewoldt and Betts.

I reckon they will get a Shiel, Heppell etc.

No they don’t. AFLX is part of the AFL and if they want the best, then they will get it.

1 Like

Even if they all declare that they are suffering from general soreness?

1 Like

Essendon and players would have to provide a big please explain or face sanctions/Fines

Better that than genital soreness, … there’d be questions. Too many questions.

Maybe this is why we have many of our best on ‘light duties’

Mental Health issues are also contagious you know.

1 Like

I hear most of our players have a serious case of the CBFs

Or farkuaflitis which actually set in during the saga, with farkumike & farkuvlad some particularly strong strains of the debilitating illness

5 Likes