Russia invades Ukraine - 4 - from 14 March 2023

So, the positions, anuthritirs and numbers of Ukraine Deputy Defence Ministers have nothing in common with the Australian Assistant Minister for Defence.

No. From my understanding perhaps the first deputy minister in any ministry has a similar role to an Australian Assistant minister in that they take over the roles of the minister in their absence. Apart from that, you can do some more research on it.

I do have experience in regard to Australian Ministers assisting. Their role is not confined to acting in the absence of the portfolio Minister and they don’t get elevated to Cabinet.
ADD
Pat Conroy is the Minister for Defence Industry, a specific role.

Whilst I am not entirely ignorant of the minutiae, I am positively sure your reservoir of experience and knowledge on these matters is both deep and profound.

Video shows the vehicle getting hit - might not have been a direct hit, but immediately adjacent gets the job done.

1 Like

The story that refuses to die Don

Kadyrov is dead? (odessa-journal.com)

I’d like to think that the delay is so they can really bleed Russia dry. If NATO rolled in and kicked Russia out 18 months ago, Russia may have retreated and would still have all of their stockpiles of shells/tanks, trained soldiers, etc. Also the Russian economy wouldn’t have suffered anywhere near what it has, and Russia would just come back in 6 months or a decades time and try again, or try somewhere else.
Ukraine is copping the brunt of Russias aggression, it sucks, it’s devastating and the west better not pull back from its support, but at least the silver lining is that Russia is completely wrecking itself and will barely be able to lift a finger by the time this is over.

1 Like

Saw the arguments about this on twitter. Tragic if true.

1 Like

Would have been better if the spinning thing wasn’t still spinning and it couldn’t just drive away, but hopefully it’s enough to put it out if commission.

1 Like

What’s up With Ramzan Kadyrov? | Nationwide Repercussions of One Guy’s Health (Eng subs) - Max Katz

1 Like

2 Likes

The morale of Ukraine civilians is being targeted , living in daily fear of physical injury and death, destruction of their habitats and facilities. This has gone on far longer than the London blitz, but at least outside support hasn’t wavered, financially and in the coordinated delivery of the basics, the option of refuge in nearby countries, with EU financial support . And the children continue to get some education.

1 Like

But doesn’t it drive away?

1 Like

Appears so, but would have been damaged to some extent.

1 Like

This one very definitely did not miss.

8 Likes

That’s more like it!

4 Likes

I think this is a positive biproduct if not the only positive out of the delay. Sanctions are really starting to bite, at the conclusion with the dire state of the military and economy in Russia it will be the perfect time for a fundimental change. Well i hope, would be interesting if north korea and china lost arguably their biggest alliance partner.

Still think that nato will never officially send troops in. Optics or bleeding Russia dry as the motive will never fully know i suppose

2 Likes

No Comment

1 Like