(SACK SCOTTY) Round 17 Non Ess Games

We didn’t have to. We could’ve got him as a category B free hit. Has South African heritage. Was under our noses but let him go to Sydney.

Now you’re just being silly about it, … finals makes 18.

4 Likes

DRAW !

You’re not gonna make me explain this again, are you ?

1 Like

That would be perfect.

Bit annoyed about North stuffing up today’s draw

2 Likes

That’s good because I didn’t want to barrack for either of them.

1 Like

Draw

1 Like

I thought that tackle on robbie gray was legal, robbie firstly incurred incorrect disposal IMO, then looked for the boundry line (trying to sneak it over), and finally did nothing to protect himself with his free hand. I think he also was assuming a holding the man and the tackler would stop.

Agreed. Same tackle as smiths last week. Hold one arm so they can’t dispose, tackle to the ground. Wasn’t the whole ‘lift opponent off the ground and suplex into turf’ action. Really I’d be disappointed if he got any time for that.

Swans V. Roos was another very entertaining effort with the result in doubt until the final minute and lots of outstanding efforts. Pretty good footy played as well. The final result could favour us, eventually.

1 Like

Just finished watching the Freo V. Port game. What a mess, a steaming pile of dog excrement. Both teams did their best to stink it up as much as they could and on those grounds succeeded. Abou all the game had going for it was the pressure. Skills were sadly lacking throughout. Freo have a couple of decent players in Mundy, Neale, one of the Hills. The rest are a bit hit and miss. Port were woeful, and picked up injuries. Ryder is gawn and the tackle on Robbie Grey, was a shocker, that should earn about a 3 week holiday.

He picked him up and dumped him head first with the bracing arm pinned to his body. That is a dangerous tackle.

You watched the full game on delay by choice?!

1 Like

Be prepared, know your competition. l should also add that since l am here in Chengdu on my own, l have a lot of spare time.

2 Likes

haha… I asked a similar question the other day when he finished watching some other game on replay.
He must really love footy to watch that game on replay

There is nothing much else here to distract me, apart from a few little bits and pieces of work, so l might as well scout the football terrain. There is no English language TV to be had, and only 1 new English language movie every couple of weeks. There is a cable TV feed, but the movie selection is pretty dire. I have a hard drive with a few hundred shows on it, but l have seen most of them.

Instead l want to scout the competition, as it is some years since l got to see many games. All this will change in a couple of weeks anyway when l fly back to Sumatra and have a holiday with my wife for a couple of weeks before bringing her back here to China for 4 weeks in Aug / Sept.

1 Like

I have a crack at you, but if i had the time I’d probably do it too.

1 Like

I have the time but I even struggle to watch Essendon games a second time. I usually watch a bit of most games, but not Freo Port.

Normally Freo is a team whose games l will happily skip, but since we are playing them this week, l wanted to become at least a little bit familiar with who plays for them.