Saints Match Review Thread - 2020 Round 12

What annoys me the most is when we have short hit up kicks about 40m out from goal but instead we’ll wheel around and hit a long deep pass into the forward pocket that will never get marked. It’s so ■■■■ and conservative. I know a lot of clubs do it but we could have had at least 5 set shots at goal if we actually had the balls to hit a free player.

3 Likes

…oh FFS

But if I canned my membership I can upgrade to All Grain brewing :thinking:

No he didn’t!!

Look out for some breaking news re Stephenson from the pies. Likely sacked for snarking in adult entertainment

Only positive, Ridley didn’t get injured

Why? You think we’re not gonna be saying the same ■■■■ this time next year too?

:face_vomiting:

Actually this I believe. The likes of Stringer, Hooker, Heppell would be busting their ■■■ to get back into the team. They drive higher standards. We have missed these types of leaders on the field.

3 Likes

Our game plan is KAKA that first half was one of the most embarrassing I can remember watching. Even with the players we have missing is no excuse for that first half. I’m usually pretty upbeat about the club but I don’t know what direction we are going. We are in the middle of an identity crisis…

1 Like

Our KPFs were non existent today.

I am still not convinced that the game plan we are trying to build suits the list at all.

Maybe it’s just Rutten trying to put a stamp on it, and maybe it’s short term pain for long term gain, but we don’t have the cattle to be a super defensive team.

2 Likes

The only thing that smells worse than Essendon Football Club is Shane Warne’s new fragrance.

3 Likes

What about our slow middles? And our slow finishes?

4 Likes

it really is ground hog day

didnt play 2 rucks and let draper get reamed

play mckenna in the forward line…that experiment surely is over

handball to kick ration ws like well …

no run out of the backline in first half( see mckenna forward)

slow hesistant ball movement

players not playing on instinct playing on learnings.

lack of effort from players who playing first games …

we like a kindergarten on a first day…you wouldnt think these blokes hvae been together ina hub …

So good game?

1 Like

Would just like to apologize to everyone on here and the football club I hate so much for my conduct the last 3 hours.

Unfortunately watching this club 3 times in a weeks isn’t good for your mental health and I let my frustrations and anger boil over. I think I need a break from this club.

Everything this club touches turns to absolute SH-T and I have zero hope or faith that this will change in any of our life times.

Goodnight everyone.

43 Likes

Those ads for the new tradie fragrance, smell bad ebough. The ads are so bad, l wouldn’t wear that stuff, if they gave it away. Offensive.

1 Like

Gee the Tigs will belt us next match. I can’t understand how so called professional footballers play with no more structure and smarts than an U/10’s group D match.
How is it that every Essendon supporter, along with every commentator can see what we do wrong, yet it is the same plan (or lack thereof) week in week out…

4 Likes

Our head coach is sitting there and blaming injuries.

Oh wow

4 Likes